Why withdraw to a debit card instead of bank account?

qtqt
Contributor
Contributor

I was interested when the option to withdraw to a debit card appeared on my app. 

I'm just intrigued to know why people might do that when the destination (your bank account) is the same. Are there differences in speed, any pros or cons? 

Some help pages (written for the US) do mention withdrawals to prepaid cards, so that would be a different end point for the funds. 

Mine is a personal account in the UK btw. So no Paypal branded debit card as they seem to have in the US.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Have you tried adding the card to withdraw as that should give you and identification if you or can’t have instant card withdrawals. My preference is always bank account just because I am used to it and it takes minutes in normal cases. To me cards are more complicated in sense that you do not know which cards are accepted as PayPal only allows instant withdrawals to eligible cards, mainly VISA and prepaid cards are one of the worst as in most cases prepaid cards are not allowed due to billing address issues. I am UK based and by preference is bank account mainly because it is easy and within minutes.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@qtqt 

In the UK you can withdraw to a bank account OR debit card.

However the bank account is ''standard transfer'' and the debit card is ''instant transfer'' so its basically down to speed.

In the US they have to pay for the instant transfer but you don't in the UK.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.