Why isn't my bank account being added?

Nim_baby
Contributor
Contributor

So I've do all the steps, I money in my PayPal that I would like to transfer to my bank, so when I go to withdraw it, it's says add bank account, so I click add bank account and I type my sort code and account number and then it send me a text to confirm, I type in the code I get sent and it says account verified, but then it goes back to saying we don't recognise the device your using and then asks to send me a code again and I've been trying to do this since last night, I'm confused as well because I have my card on there and have confirmed my card. Someone help me please.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nim_baby

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nim_baby
Contributor
Contributor
I live in the U.K. and have an English bank card.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nim_baby

Are you trying to withdraw funds to a linked and confirmed BANK ACCOUNT or a linked and confirmed DEBIT CARD?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Nim_baby
Contributor
Contributor
A confirmed debit card, it’s not letting me link my bank account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nim_baby

ok well you can't withdraw funds to a debit card in the UK only to a linked and confirmed bank account.

have you got / had that bank account linked to another paypal account before?

does your bank account 'name' match your paypal account 'name'.

if you can't add the account you may need to phone customer services and ask them to add it manually for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.