Why is my payment on hold even though I’ve shipped the item?

Pinkskull27
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item on depop for over £100 and this is the second time that this has happened to me only this time it is for a longer period. I have shipped with out a tracking number the item and the buyer has confirmed that she has received the item but I haven’t received my payment? It’s been over two weeks! Why is my money still on hold!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Van2you
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm having the exact same issue and can't find any advice. Getting me quite frustrated. I hope someone can help us please?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

@Pinkskull27

@Van2you

Hi there, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Community forum! 

If you have just started selling with us, your selling history changed or the transaction is considered at high risk, we would place the payments you receive in your pending balance. This is practised in the effort to provide a safer and protected online payment environment for both the buyer and seller as it helps to prevent losses, by keeping your money secure. Payments are usually placed on a 21-day hold and we would not be able to release the money sooner if you shipped without a tracking number unless the buyer confirms the reception of the item from their PayPal account. If the buyer has confirmed to have received the item but did not select this option in their transaction details, the payment would not be released. 

For future reference, I would recommend always shipping with a tracking number as, after you inserted it in the transaction details, the payment would be released 1 to 3 days after the confirmation of the delivery. Please note that the hold may also depend on the amount of the transaction and some payments cannot be released earlier than 21 days. Here you can find more information!

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Van2you
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Martina, Thanks for your reply and I am grateful for your attention. I've shipped my item 1st class, as a signed for delivery with Royal Mail, along with a tracking number. When will my payment be released? I need a time and date please. This has become a bad selling experience. Kind regards. Matt
Login to Me Too

Van2you
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Martina, Thank you for sorting the issue by the end of the day. I am most grateful. Kind regards, Matt
Login to Me Too

mafry1966
Contributor
Contributor

I also have money on hold, have been told it's going to be released tomorrow.

Do find it annoying that although they keep hold of your money until items have been delivered - they are happy to take the fees straight away !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.