Why is my payment from selling cryptocurrency on hold?

Shin1121
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, please help me with this. Is anyone know what happened or how long paypal put the cryptocurrency on hold after selling it? I’m not a new paypal account. I do have activities received money almost every weeks. I sold my cryptocurrency and got pending. Kinda worry about it because it’s my first time using paypal to buy cryptocurrency. Please help me if you know anything about this problem. Thank you so much.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

NRR3
New Community Member

Mine too. Its amateur hour over here. Im about to take my money else where that charges less of a percent and can give me my money instantly. Thats what crypto is supposed to be about. quick transaction, not bank type stuff. PayPal is starting to remind me of the old clunky system.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Sjmcfarland74
New Community Member

Did you get your hold settled? My sell of crypto is on hold as well. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

NRR3
New Community Member

Mine too. Its amateur hour over here. Im about to take my money else where that charges less of a percent and can give me my money instantly. Thats what crypto is supposed to be about. quick transaction, not bank type stuff. PayPal is starting to remind me of the old clunky system.

Login to Me Too

ADDxJ1
New Community Member
I'm not getting the actual Sell button after I hit review and sell? I've bought and sold here before but I got this same exact Issue and closed my account about 2 years ago. Is it because it's a new account? I'm verified with funding per the two largest banks in the US. Does using my debit cards delay selling? Even though it's gone through and been received by PayPal? I don't know what to do with it and I've got a few dollars in it I need AND missed a spike that would've been a very nice profit. Has anyone else tried to sell but get the review and sell page ONLY to find no sell button? Thanks for any info or help,I sincerely appreciate it.
Login to Me Too

Viofilip
Contributor
Contributor
when will payments be made with BTC in Romania as well? I accidentally sent BTC from coinbase to PayPal and the money was blocked on the way. thank you
Login to Me Too

Love20
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have the same issue. PayPal is holding the money for 4 days for no reason. THEN, it takes them 3-5 business days to transfer the money to my bank. The whole point of cryptocurrency is immediate access. The transaction is irretrievably complete. They are holding the money interest free for zero reason. I just sold all my cryptocurrency and going elsewhere. Very disappointed in my cryptocurrency experience here
Login to Me Too

Misfit94
Contributor
Contributor
I invested and i sold like 3 times then i invested alot more cause i new it was gonna spike.$ 180 has turned to $600 all ready in four months. I cant get access to my funds until 2 more months. So i think ittll be around a thousand by then. But why can i getbit off why did they freeze my account? This is wrong man.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.