Why is my money pending?

Maesimpson1
New Community Member
I have just sold an item on DEPOP and the buyer had paid the money into my paypal account. However the money is pending. I need this money to post the item ?!? So how am I supposed to send the item if the money is pending. When will it show up in my balance
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Maesimpson1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

Delaying money availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. By placing your money in your pending balance, we want to make sure that there’s enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise such as chargebacks or disputes.

Here’s what you can do to speed things up:

• If you use USPS or UPS, purchase and print your label on PayPal and we’ll release the payment within 1 day of the courier confirming delivery.
  • Add tracking: upload the tracking number of one of our supported carriers. We'll release the payment within 1 day of the courier confirming delivery.
  • Confirm order status and we’ll release the payment within 7 days upon verification.

If you can’t provide tracking information or confirm the status of the order, we’ll release the amount 21 calendar days after the payment date, as long as no problems are reported by the buyer.

Here are a few tips to help ensure your transactions go smoothly:

• List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items.
  • Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs, and methods. Ship promptly and upload tracking.
  • Define your return policy upfront.
  • Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.