Why is my money on hold?

walker3428
Contributor
Contributor

I signed up with Paypal about 2 months ago. I sold a item right after I listed it. They said my money was on hold and I understood that being it was my first transaction. After the person received their item. They left me good feedback. Everything was fine. Then I listed an exact item two days ago and it sold last night. When I went to print my label everything was fine. Though, when I go to my Paypal account it says the payment is on hold. When I click on the link that says get money sooner. It pops up and says no transactions found. 

I have made a couple of purchases and I am wondering if everytime I sale a item. My money will be held until feedback and confirmation that it was received is verified. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@walker3428 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.