Why is Transferring money so HARD??

qckfox
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to put £20 from my bank to the PayPal on the website but there was no features that I could see to do this I went round and round for about 15 minutes trying to find out how to put money into PayPal I then downloaded the app to see if that was any simpler or better designed but it asked me TO ADD MY BANK ACCOUNT TO THE WEBSITE ??? Why have I downloaded the app and my bank account is already logged onto the website here's the transcript of how ridiculous the "help" is on the website The app is asking for a Bank account PayPal Virtual Agent 02:13 PM Would you like to chat with a Customer Service agent? Estimated wait time is: 3 minu I'm trying to put money into PayPal from my bank When I try to go into "transfer money this is all that is shown" Use a bank account that's been added to your PayPal account The bank account also must be in the same name as your PayPal account: graham <removed>. If the names don’t match, you can change this in your Profile." I click on OK at the bottom of that page and it returns to where I started PayPal Virtual Agent 02:13 PM It looks like you want to check on a suspicious email or SMS text you received, is that correct? gb graham <removed>02:13 PM No PayPal Virtual Agent 02:13 PM Are you contacting us about PayPal Credit? gb graham <removed>02:14 PM No PayPal Virtual Agent 02:14 PM Would you like to chat with a Customer Service agent? Estimated wait time is: 3 minutes gb graham <removed>02:14 PM Yes PayPal Virtual Agent 01:57 PM Hi! I'm PayPal's virtual agent. To get started, simply ask me a question. I am still learning, so if I can't help you, I'll direct you to additional resources. gb graham <removed>01:59 PM I'm trying to put money into PayPal from my bank When I try to go into "transfer money" this is all that is shown " Use a bank account that's been added to your PayPal account The bank account also must be in the same name as your PayPal account: graham <removed>. If the names don’t match, you can change this in your Profile." I click on OK at the bottom of that page and it returns to where I started PayPal Virtual Agent 01:59 PM It looks like you want to check on a suspicious email or SMS text you received, is that correct? gb graham <removed>01:59 PM No

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@qckfox 

A quick question saves time rather than going through every conversation with the bot !!

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-balance-faq1348?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.