Why is PayPal so terrible

Kayto_S
Contributor
Contributor

I don't get how it's so popular, maybe it's just for me?

A couple days ago I needed to transfer money to my bank and it said there was gonna be a 72 hours delay. Ok, I need that money but I guess I have to wait. Couple days later they transfer gets declined, customer support says it's my bank declining them. My bank said they haven't received any payments (the ones I was talking about, because I've transferred money to PayPal before this). Maybe because It's a Sunday. Come Monday, I try to transfer the money to my bank and I get an error message, even though I removed and put in my bank information several times to make sure it was right. Ok, so I'll just use my PayPal balance since I'm being forced to at this point. I try to make a payment online when I get an error to return to merchant, WTF??? I call customer support and they say it's just being blocked by security protocols and they don't know why??? They also tell me to use my debit card in the meantime. Oh right, I can't use my banks money because I have none because all my money is stuck in PayPal and it won't let me transfer anything. I can't wait 42 hours so your security protocols calm down because I need the money now. What am I supposed to do? I ran out of money in my bank, PayPal won't let me transfer OR buy anything. This is absolutely fantastic, thanks PayPal, very cool!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kayto_S 

Did you confirm the bank once you re-added it and is it in the exact same name as your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kayto_S
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it's in the same exact name, I checked all the details. I can transfer money to my bank but now I have to wait 24 hours every time because it just gives me a message that it's going to be delayed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.