Why does paypal take so long for a simple transaction?

KamiiKatze
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Last Friday I submitted a 15EUR pay in from my bank account to PayPal. They took the money already on Monday from me, but yet I don't see any $ on my PayPal account. WTF is this? I am very frustrated about this kind of service. Looks like they cant handle simple transactions, some people expect their money to be on PayPal when it gets withdrawn from any account but suddenly they just give a f. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KamiiKatze 

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer.

When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller upfront for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them.

However if you choose to add the funds to your balance yourself then its you that takes the wait.
Takes several working days as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KamiiKatze 

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer.

When you purchase an item then Paypal credit the seller upfront for you, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

Paypal will then take the wait for the funds to transfer to reimburse them.

However if you choose to add the funds to your balance yourself then its you that takes the wait.
Takes several working days as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Hncw83
New Community Member
I have exactly the same. I can’t believe it can take so long. I see the funds left my bank account 3 days ago and they’re still not in my paypal account. There is also no way to cancel the transaction either as far as I can tell. It takes hardly any time to transfer from PayPal to my bank so why is it so different the opposite way round?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hncw83 

Because they use they use the slowest CHEAPEST transfer option and it goes via ACH in 'batches'.

They do it the cheapest way because you don't need funds in your paypal balance as a buyer.

Paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer...slowly... and credit your seller in advance for you.

They don't do this however for withdrawals as there is no need and you want your funds asap so they use the faster more expensive option then.

But if you 'choose' to add funds to your balance when there is no need then its you that takes the wait.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KamiiKatze
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is I need to add a credit card everytime I try to buy something without money on my account. Even when I have my bankaccount connected to paypal it still says I need to add a credit card. And Im not the only one having this kind of issue. The first time I registered it was everything okay, after my second buy they suddenly stopped this payment method. 

Login to Me Too

rlouie
Contributor
Contributor

STOP USING PAYPAL!!! THATS THE ONLY WAY THINGS WILL CHANGE!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

Tash1978
New Community Member
I have the same problem. Firstly i paid money into my wallet. 6 days on and still waiting yet the money was taken from my banking account within 2 days. Then i made a payment to my paypal credit 9 days ago, yet its still showing as payment pending. They need to get their act together before customers start getting together to shut them down. Its ridiculously slow. Up your game paypal because you are upsetting alot of customers.
Login to Me Too

Deejaa
Contributor
Contributor
It’s total BS and I think they should point this out to possible new account holders. I could walk to another state and back where the money was going before it got there. Seems to me they use that money for a few days.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.