Why does my activity show payment sent but the individual has not received the money

Nadiyer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On Saturday 8/11/18 I sent (from Dominica) 100 U.S dollars to someone in St. Marteen.  My Activity shows payment was made and I got an e-mail confirmation while the individual received an e-mail confirmation but when she tries to view the transaction it said page not available but it shows claim your 100.00 U.s dollars from me, the amount and fee deducted.  To date she has not received the payment.  The amount was deducted from my account and the bank says it is pending.

I need the money delivered to her before this Saturday and in the event this does not happen how to I claim my money back.  I have called but only got an automated machine and I have filed a dispute which says it is being reviewed.  I just need to know if she will receive payment before this Saturday and if she does not how do I claim my money back because it seems I would have to send the money via another means so that my item can be purchased and sent to me.

Please note I just sent the money to the individual so she could purchase an item for me in her location and I did not purchase an item from her.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nadiyer

Has she added USD as a receiving currency on her Paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nadiyer
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure whether or not she has but where she lives the currency is in U.S dollars and guilders.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.