Why does it take so long to transfer money from my bank account to PayPal?

travelbyday
Contributor
Contributor

It shouldn't take 3-5 business days. Who are you to keep my money and not let me use it when I need to?

I transferred money from a bank account to my PayPal account. The money is out of the bank, and PayPal is still "processing" it. I know you have it, PayPal, I'm not stupid. Technology is advanced enough that it would be able to process instantly.

Now I have no access to my money. And it takes BUSINESS days, so this weekend won't count.

This is dumb.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

cb2344
New Community Member

Okay, so when you transfer money from Paypal to your bank it is gone from paypal but it is not in your account. So WHERE IS IT? Who has this money, Who allowed them to have this money, and who is paying me interest for taking this money from me for 3 days?  It really is stealing.  The money nolonger is in my paypal account and it is NOT in my bank account. Who has stollen this money? WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?!?!?

Login to Me Too

cb2344
New Community Member

We should be able to track minute by minute where the money is, just like fedex.  The money needs to have a tracking number.

Login to Me Too

Majore-1
Contributor
Contributor

This is the biggest joke ever! I bought about 20 things on eBay my first day of opening my eBay account LOL went a little overboard yes. But this was on oct 14th it is  now oct 22 and nothing not a sign of where my money is? they need to make you aware of this before ever putting money into this joke of a company. so then i read to make transaction go thru instantly all i have to do is apply a credit card. well i went out and got one. well they also forgot to mention that if i already started the transfer it doesn't do anything... now i feel the underlined section there would be a lie?? no?? anyways after my now 27 buys go thru from ebay i will be closing this joke of a company account and filing a complaint!! FU PP!!!

Login to Me Too

rtstevens
New Community Member

I need help!!  I have a pending balance but i cant figure out how to put it on to my debit card when it comes threw. It says to add it to my bank account but i only have a debit card on here. can i transfer my funds( once its available) to my card or is it only by check?

Login to Me Too

Comedian03
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so glad I found this thread because I just encountered this problem about 10 minutes and my first though was "WHAT THE **bleep**!".

I just last night won my first eBay auction and in turn made my first PayPal payment. I clicked the make payment button, went threw the whole thing, and after it was sent I got a message saying it would take 7-10 days for my payment to clear. That's absolutely ridiculous, not only that but it makes me look bad because I'm sure the seller isn't going to like waiting so long for his money, and that's even longer it'll take for me to get my item now, and it makes me feel like an a$$ because like I said I'm sure the seller would like a prompt payment and now thanks to PayPal I look like an a$$. So basically if there's an item I want and the seller needs payment within 48 hours, I'm $hit out of luck basically.

And even putting money in my PayPal account so it's there when I need it and having to wait 5-7 days for THAT payment to clear, but I'm sorry that's awful. I'm not exactly a rich person so I cant really afford to have say $100 just sitting in PayPal. For me, I want to see an item I want, bid on it, and when I win it, go put the money in my PayPal account and pay for the item promptly with no issues.  If I see something on the day it's posted, so I go and put say $50 in my account so that by the time the auction ends the payment will be cleared, and then I don't win the auction and need to take the money back out and have to wait another week! 

Sorry for the longish rant but this really makes me mad and honestly. This was my first, and probably last time using PayPal.

Oh and I love how at the beginning of the thread someone from PayPal actually took notice of this thread, but now that people are mad, and expressing valid opinions and complaints, there's not a peep out of them.

Login to Me Too

bb3

Or from PayPal to my Bank. I couldn't agree with you more!!! Should be instant. Maybe an hour delay, but not 3-5 days. It is usually 4-5 days for me. They are just collecting interest on our money.

Login to Me Too

JoeX_com
New Community Member

So as a charter user back in the X.com days, I can tell you that they are just taking advantage of loopholes in the regulations.  Until there is more competition and they feel the flood of consumers leaving for reasons like this there is not much we can do.  There is a couple of legislators that have been trying to update the Funds Availability Act to speed these things up.  Write your congressman, complain, and look for another company to use.  Amazon is working on one, I hear Microsoft is too, Google I would think is....   they've run a couple out of business but only the power of "losing business" will help them decide it's worth losing some income versus losing a flood of customers....

Login to Me Too

skip-the-dog
Contributor
Contributor

I will never do it again with these freaking paypal, my money cleared my bank yesterday morning, (Mon) and today it is still not processed,  So the item I was trying to pay for cleared my account this morning, so they took it out of my bank account because the transfer had not cleared, now leaving me with 3 freakin dollars in my bank account until Friday, not that they give a crap, they have my money.   Now I will have to wait another eon to put my money back  in my bank account.  I called them and they said it was in the Federal Reserve.  Bull**bleep**.  I guess its in the Federal Reserve earning them money, meanwhile my budget is blown.  

Login to Me Too

jamesemcg
Contributor
Contributor

It's just happened to me -  £125 of my money.

Login to Me Too

mrscry
New Community Member

PayPal DOES offer two other options, though, when you transfer money from your account to PayPal... if you need the money to pay for something, you can send an instant transfer to the vendor, and the money gets there instantly, not 3-5 days.  You also have the echeck option, but that also takes 3-5 days.  The instant transfer is a great option you can use to pay anybody with a PayPal account or any vendor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.