Why do I have a payment that says recieved but pending??? Please help it's been 5 days.

Lmolinar
Contributor
Contributor
So on Sunday, November 30th, 2020 I recieved a eCheck payment but its pending. Today its Saturday December 5th, 2020 as of 5am and I still haven't gotten my money. You know I have a baby and it shouldnt be this difficult to access your money I dont care who you are. PayPal is wrongfully holding onto MY MONEY without any notice. I need that money, my baby cant wait over a week for diapers or formula. My baby needs it now, and since covid started I hardly EVER go out and when I do it's to get my baby the things she needs. In a world where theres millions of transactions that take microseconds to process, youd think paypal would be advanced enough to at least process a bank transfer instantly. I am furious, wtf paypal I'm so dependent on your site it's not even funny. All of the income is on here and you guys cant think of, "Hey we live in the 21st century, I think we should update our software so things can be instant so theres not any chance of anybody not being able to access there money and so we can make it convenient for people to use." You think having PayPal after 2 years and literally using it on a daily basis they would do something different. Funny how you can make instant transfers with a debit card but with the SAME ACCOUNT it takes several days to transfer funds from the checking account. Now please tell me when I'll be able to access my funds, I'm livid. I'm over here asking my neighbors for money to get my baby diapers and wipes because your app/website/team members cant get your s*** together. I'm livid
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lmolinar 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option of an echeque BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later. They then go via ACH in batches.

However there are times when its you and/or the seller/sender that takes the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Card needs updating.
2. Has had a recent negative balance.
3. A recent failed bank transfer.
4. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
5. Friends / family payments....funded from a bank account.
6. Adding funds to your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.