Why did paypal convert all my USD dollar balance to my local currency?

Mattf26
Contributor
Contributor

In 25th April of this year all my USD dollar balance was converted to my local (BRL). Also noticed that after that it always asks to proceed with CC confirmation in any shop. I don't have a cc that paypal accepts. Should I have a usd balance back? Does paypal still allow conversions? how to do it, i find it anywhere. Is that really the reason it always asks for a cc now?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mattf26 

To receive USD and hold USD in your PayPal account, create a USD currency balance in your PayPal balance. Go to Wallet, click PayPal Balance, click + Add Currency, so USD payments will go there. When you withdraw USD to your local bank account, PayPal converts it to BRL.

You may convert some BRL to the USD currency balance:

1. Go to Wallet.
  2. Click on the right side of the balance you want to convert and click Convert currency.
  3. Enter the currency you want to convert to and click Next.
  4. Enter the amount you want to convert and click Next.
  5. Click Convert Now.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mattf26
Contributor
Contributor

I have nothing on the right side of my balance...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hello @Mattf26

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community about this. Please know that currency conversions are not available for accounts in Brazil at this time. Also, please know that domestic payments (using a PayPal balance) can only be made in Brazilian Reals, and that international payments can only be made in currencies other than Reals. To continue making payments, you would want to add an eligible bank or card to your account. You can find more information here

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.