Why conversion of USD amount at the transfer from PP account to the linked debit card

Bunolim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can someone explain me please why since no more than one month the amount I want to transfer from my PP account (in USD) to my my linked debit card is converted first in the national currency and the transfer is executed in national currency; then, when entering on my credit card account (which is in USD too) it is converted back in USD. Before that the transfer was simply only in USD with a commission fee of 5 USD only. Now, because of transferring via conversion in national currency and the use of a very low exchange rate by PP, the difference that I lost in USD at the transfer was 14 times more than before that. Specifically: the difference in rate generated a loss of 70 USD plus 6.19 USD commission fee of transfer. Prior to this new mechanism the difference in the amount transfer was 5 USD (fee only).  This is very painful and unfair, to my modest opinion. Any comments, thoughts, suggestions how to set a transfer to my own card without use of conversion??? Thanks a lot in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.