Why are we having OUR money held when we are a virtual business nit dealing with ebay?

Procall
New Community Member

Its SO embarrassing to have our funds held for 10 days now! We set appts for very high ranking businessmen who are not about to start a paypal account to expedite our funds. Our company has moved on to Square Reader who has fullfilled all of our expectations by not holding our funds. On the first day we attached and verifued our bank account with Square Reader and we git our furst payment immediateky 15 minutes later! We dont mind paying the exact amount as Paypal charges because our expectations were met. Plus when we call, we dont get canned answers. We actualky get assistance! I sure wish we had investigated before we used Paypal. We thought " Why not! Everyone uses them!" But quickly we learned online that we were being **bleep** over like so many other small businesses. Our website promotes Square Reader and we share our misfortune with Paypal. Thanks again! Brilliant way to rob innocent peopke

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Procall

All PayPal accounts are subject the the 21 day hold at one point or another. Once you have built up an account history in good standing, you will be released from the hold regimen. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-funds-availability-or-hold-faq2175

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

PayPal is managing risk. Nothing personal. Disputes can be are high with virtual goods and services. The money is in your balance, you can provide the service to your customers. That said, you made your choice and is using another company which you have every right to if not satisfied. Just know that since PayPal is a popular payment processor, it can draw the seamy elements hence why they have to put in procedures deal with risk. Whereas smaller competitors may have less(er) issues with. It's just one of those things. And I'm not under any illusion towards big bad corps either.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.