Why are my payments on hold?

NicolaeB
Contributor
Contributor

I received 2 payments, one from a Chinese seller as a refund, and the other a withdrawal. I thought the Chinese seller tried to scam me, but why are my both payments on hold? I didn't sell anything, how can I enter a tracking number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NicolaeB 

https://www.paypal.com/md/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Click "Add Tracking" to select an order status for the refund transaction, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release the funds.

For the withdraw, is the transaction status marked as under review by PayPal? Review may take up to 72 hours. Is it a transfer to bank withdraw or a withdraw from a third party website? If it is a withdraw from a third party website to your PayPal account, do the same thing, click Add Tracking, select an order status.

You can ask both senders to confirm receipt on their end to release the funds faster after selecting order status.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NicolaeB 

https://www.paypal.com/md/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Click "Add Tracking" to select an order status for the refund transaction, you may have to wait up to 21 days for PayPal to release the funds.

For the withdraw, is the transaction status marked as under review by PayPal? Review may take up to 72 hours. Is it a transfer to bank withdraw or a withdraw from a third party website? If it is a withdraw from a third party website to your PayPal account, do the same thing, click Add Tracking, select an order status.

You can ask both senders to confirm receipt on their end to release the funds faster after selecting order status.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.