Why are FUNDS transferred FROM my BANK still not in my PayPal account after 10 days?

NorwayRichard
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the instructions for adding funds to my PayPal, the money is missing from my bank, it has been nearly 2 weeks and my PayPal balance has not changed.

How can I fix this?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

NorwayRichard
Contributor
Contributor

I received an automatic reply to an e-mail I sent to Paypal about this issue.

Here are some useful things I learned, though the issue is yet unresolved.

• This is called "a Top Up" (super obvious, right?) or "Topping Up my account".
  • The topped up funds should normally appear in our Paypal balance within 3 working days.
  • If not, Paypal wants us to use the E-mail form available in the Message Center. (See full response below for details of what to include.)
  • If the transfer fails Paypal will return funds to the original bank account within 10 working days (2 weeks).

@Paypal's complete response:

Please read this information and fill out the form and send it to us through the message center for us to investigate where the money is.

If you topped up more than 3 working days ago and the money is not showing in your PayPal balance, we possibly didn’t receive all the required information from your bank.

Email us with the following details so that we can investigate the matter further:

• Transfer ID
  • Date of Transfer
  • Amount and Currency of Transfer
  • Last 4 digits of Bank Account Number
  • Name of Banking Institution
  • Name of the Bank Account Holder

We will use this information to find your Top Up funds and if possible, add them to your PayPal balance. If incorrect or incomplete information was provided to your bank at the time of topping up, the transfer may fail. If this happens, your funds will be returned to your bank account within 10 working days. We will contact you by email as soon as we have found your Top Up.

PayPal will not charge any fees for failed Top Ups, however bank fees may apply. In this case, contact your bank.

I will update this thread once this issue gets resolved.

PS. Here is a direct link to the message center (aka Help Center): https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

NB: You need to be logged in. Then, scroll to the bottom and use the Email us link.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

NorwayRichard
Contributor
Contributor

I received an automatic reply to an e-mail I sent to Paypal about this issue.

Here are some useful things I learned, though the issue is yet unresolved.

• This is called "a Top Up" (super obvious, right?) or "Topping Up my account".
  • The topped up funds should normally appear in our Paypal balance within 3 working days.
  • If not, Paypal wants us to use the E-mail form available in the Message Center. (See full response below for details of what to include.)
  • If the transfer fails Paypal will return funds to the original bank account within 10 working days (2 weeks).

@Paypal's complete response:

Please read this information and fill out the form and send it to us through the message center for us to investigate where the money is.

If you topped up more than 3 working days ago and the money is not showing in your PayPal balance, we possibly didn’t receive all the required information from your bank.

Email us with the following details so that we can investigate the matter further:

• Transfer ID
  • Date of Transfer
  • Amount and Currency of Transfer
  • Last 4 digits of Bank Account Number
  • Name of Banking Institution
  • Name of the Bank Account Holder

We will use this information to find your Top Up funds and if possible, add them to your PayPal balance. If incorrect or incomplete information was provided to your bank at the time of topping up, the transfer may fail. If this happens, your funds will be returned to your bank account within 10 working days. We will contact you by email as soon as we have found your Top Up.

PayPal will not charge any fees for failed Top Ups, however bank fees may apply. In this case, contact your bank.

PS. Here is a direct link to the message center (aka Help Center): https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

NB: You need to be logged in. Then, scroll to the bottom and use the Email us link.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.