Why am I being treated as a new seller when I'm not new?

MxPhils
Contributor
Contributor

First of all, I have a US PayPal business account, an account that I've had for a long time now, like several years long. It's fully verified and I've received a lot of money on it, never had any disputes from customers, etc etc. 

I relocated overseas a while back to the Philippines and continued to receive payments to my US paypal account and got the money from it to the Philippines through PayPal < transfer to my US bank < moneygram remittances from my parents. '

Well I finally decided to create a Philippines PayPal account and link it to Gcash, an account option here in the Philippines that allows transferring money from a Philippines Personal PayPal account to my Gcash account, which can then be accessed with a Gcash mastercard to withdraw cash from ATMs. Since I've already linked the Gcash mastercard to my new paypal account, the account is fully verified already. So I thought I'd have no problems after that. 

But now the problem is, my new Philippines personal PayPal account is being treated as if I'm a totally new seller, without any selling history at all. But like I said, I have a whole lot of history on my US PayPal business account. As anyone can understand, this isn't fair and I'd implore PayPal to please expedite the process of removing restrictions from my new personal account. It doesn't make sense anyway that this is happening to me. Besides, I need the money that's being held by PayPal for my own survival, as I've already started receiving payments from my regular clients in my new PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MxPhils 

Even if you used a new i.d. it would be seen as a new seller.

You are in another country, using another countries paypal account so yes you would be treated as a new seller.

However if you think paypal may make an exception which personally i doubt then your best bet is to contact them direct.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nitin_Jain
Contributor
Contributor

Since you made a new account in Philippines, Transaction History from your previous account have disappeared. Your account will be treated as a new account.

Login to Me Too

MxPhils
Contributor
Contributor

@Nitin_Jain wrote:

Since you made a new account in Philippines, Transaction History from your previous account have disappeared. Your account will be treated as a new account.

This is incorrect, I can still login to my US PayPal account and transaction history is still there. 

Login to Me Too

MxPhils
Contributor
Contributor

"it would be seen as a new seller."

See, you're talking about my accounts like the same person isn't behind them. Isn't it ridiculous that PayPal treats them this way? The seller is me the person, not the account! 

And I've been living in the Philippines for quite a while now selling and getting paid on my US PayPal account, selling the exact same services then as I am now. They already knew I went to live in the Philippines, I told them so before I left. So it shouldn't be like this.

Yes, I may take this concern directly to PayPal. It's so ridiculous that I think even they could see it too. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MxPhils 

Not sure that they will agree with you.................

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

There are several reasons funds may be temporarily unavailable:

1. You’re a new seller with PayPal or you’re an established seller but have opened a new account.

When you’re a new PayPal seller, it takes time to build up enough history to demonstrate a pattern of positive buyer-seller transactions. The good news is you can usually move out of this status by confirming your identity and building up a history of positive selling activity.
If you’re an established PayPal seller, but opened a new account, that account will be eligible for holds until a good history is established.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MxPhils
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@MxPhils 

Not sure that they will agree with you.................

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

There are several reasons funds may be temporarily unavailable:

1. You’re a new seller with PayPal or you’re an established seller but have opened a new account.

When you’re a new PayPal seller, it takes time to build up enough history to demonstrate a pattern of positive buyer-seller transactions. The good news is you can usually move out of this status by confirming your identity and building up a history of positive selling activity.
If you’re an established PayPal seller, but opened a new account, that account will be eligible for holds until a good history is established.

I saw that already and I think it's BS. Why should an established seller need a "good history" on the new account first before PayPal releases the funds? If they are an established seller then by definition they already have a good history on another account. I understand that it might be different if the seller is selling different products on each account, but I am selling to the exact same clients the exact same services as I've always done on my US PayPal account! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MxPhils

You asked I gave you the reason and the answer.

The fact you don't agree with it is beside the point.

Whether I agree with it or not again is beside the point, I just give you the facts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.