Why I'm Not Able to Add TransferWise to PayPal as a Bank?

yasarali
New Community Member

Hello PayPal Team!

I have been trying to add TransferWise Global Payment service as a Bank Account to my PayPal account to withdraw funds from PayPal but each time I enter the TransferWise Routing Number & Account Number and press Enter on PayPal site, It gives me an Error!

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.

Kindly help me with this issue and I'll be much thankful for this.

Thanks & best Regards

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ProMods

I have been trying to add a Transferwise USD account to my UK business PayPal as we are receiving payments in USD and it would make more sense to keep them in a US bank account rather than lose money on the conversion, and time and time again my requests have been denied or I received the response "we don't support virtual accounts", which is non-sense as the Transferwise account is an actual bank account held under the owner's name.

Login to Me Too

BBE_Music
Contributor
Contributor

@ProMods wrote:

I have been trying to add a Transferwise USD account to my UK business PayPal as we are receiving payments in USD and it would make more sense to keep them in a US bank account rather than lose money on the conversion, and time and time again my requests have been denied or I received the response "we don't support virtual accounts", which is non-sense as the Transferwise account is an actual bank account held under the owner's name.

It would be very helpful if PayPal recognised TransferWise as legal bank accounts denominated in a variety of currencies - and allowed PayPal users the ability to move the currencies they hold in PayPal to TransferWise Accounts.

Then we would not have to lose money on coverting back into GBP - send to our UK sterling account and then lose more money converting back to the original currency

We need to keep a supply of USD and EUR (and occasionally CAD, JPY, NZD) to operate - the payments we receive in these currencies via PayPal are one source of these currencies

And once we can move money from PayPal to TransferWise - then automatically we can move money (in all currencies) the other way

It feels a little anti-competitive to prevent movement of our money to our legal bank accounts

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.