Why Do I Have a Negative Balance When I Have a Bank Debit Card on File??????

vkp
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal and eBay for years. Recently I sold several items on eBay. I mailed them all at the same time - and everyone received their item...except for one woman. Instead of emailing me on eBay and asking when I mailed the item (I'd already marked it as "shipped" but she didn't see it) she opened a case. So now it has caused a negative balance at PayPal. I'm confused. I have a debit card on file, with plenty of money in it (my bank account). PayPal won't let me use my account now!  Why should a problem with a stupid eBay user prevent me from using PayPal???  It's a debit card - so debit the purchase I want to make and let the eBay situation resolve itself. I need to buy vitamins and medicines - so PayPal won't let me do this because a buyer opened a case when they should have?????  Planning to quit using eBay and now thinking of quitting PayPal, too.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

So PayPal didn't take money from my bank account when it showed a negative account? It was just showing I had a negative account with PayPal. Confusing. Yes I'm asking a question that was ask from years ago. Sorry, dont answer if you don't like it. Dont be so hateful!
Login to Me Too

THESCOTT
New Community Member
Vkp I QUITE AGREE WITH YOU .THEY HAVE A REAL DOGMATIC ATTITUDE TO NEGATIVE BALANCE.I HAVE ALSO BEEN WITH THEM FOR YEARS WITH 100%SCORE.NEXT THING I M IN A NEGATIVE BALANCE SITUATION.AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHY ,I CAN'T FIND ANYONE TO GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER WHICH IS WHY I'M ON HERE.ANYWAY I HOPE YOUR PROBLEM GETS SOLVED SOON:)
Login to Me Too

kellymed
New Community Member

I also got a problem. Someone sent me money only to find a negative balance on my paypal. He is someone I know and i dont understand why that happened!

Login to Me Too

kellymed
New Community Member

I also just got the same problem and I dont understand

Login to Me Too

8ahsia
Hey, I’ve got the same problem as well. Someone sent me money now all of a sudden I have a negative on my PayPal. Did you get the issue resolved?
Login to Me Too

Steveo100k
Contributor
Contributor
Me to how can I fix this problem I was -390.00. But I got a refund of 350$ which brought it down to -40 so basically they just took. My money
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Steveo100k

Well if your paypal account has a negative balance then of course paypal will take any funds that arrive into that balance to pay off your debt ! 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rameenlol
New Community Member

I was charged 107 dollars for no reason when I was trying to print a shipping label on ebay. SOMEBODY HELP. They took it off my balance so I can't report it please someone help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.