Where can I see current exchange rates??

Carl30
Contributor
Contributor

I just want to see the exchange rate between USD and SEK, but since the interface changed, I can't find the currency converter anymore? Please help.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Radhio
Contributor
Contributor

This is not solution and why marked as solution..**bleep** waste my time. If not available anymore, just say it no more currency exhange rate calculator..

Login to Me Too

Carl30
Contributor
Contributor

Actually it's solved now. They've FINALLY added a currency calculator. But you may have to switch to a business account. 

Login to Me Too

Carl30
Contributor
Contributor

If anyone from Paypal sees this, this problem is NOT solved. There's no way to see current exchange rates anymore. The only time I see it is when I withdraw money from USD to SEK.

Login to Me Too

Pokem
Contributor
Contributor

solution I've found:
- choose 'send money'

- find some good friend or someone from family on contact list (just in case you'll really send it by mistake)

- even if it's a friend or family choose "goods and services" (otherwise you won't be able to send different than your primary currency)

and then you should be able to see how much in one currency you'll pay to send another currency

Login to Me Too

Carl30
Contributor
Contributor

But they've fixed it now. At least if you have a corporate account (or whatever it's called). Under "Money" in the top menu there is now a "Currency Calculator". It took a long time but they've finally fixed it.

Login to Me Too

Redgameboy
New Community Member
Thanks. This is a great option I was considering on my own, but wasn't sure if I had to go deeply into the process. And helps those with regular accounts. I find it distasteful that PayPal doesn't show a breakdown of the applied fee IN the transaction. I looked it up earlier in fees as $0.30 CAD fee to convert to USD. I guess it's tacked on and I'd have to do the subtraction based on the full amount leaving my bank or credit card.
Login to Me Too

tobigodz
Contributor
Contributor
May I ask, do I really need to convert in Business account to show the paypal conversion fees? Or do I really need to transfer funds first in paypal before I can see the conversion rates? I'm just a newbie freelancer and every cents is important to me.
Login to Me Too

Pokem
Contributor
Contributor
With my solution that is posted above you don't have to send any money, you do everything like you'd like to send them but you cancel it in last step
Login to Me Too

tobigodz
Contributor
Contributor

@Pokem I thought you need some balance to enable to know the conversion rate. OMG thanks!

Untitled.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.