When sending money, asked to confirm myself but cannot use my phone number.

ZachV19
Contributor
Contributor

So today, I was trying to buy some steam keys but when I tried to send money, it wanted me to confirm it was me (was on a vpn). Strange part is, even though my phone number is verified, it forced me to still add a phone. Problem was, when I tried to readd my phone, it resulted in an error, therefore not allowing me to send money.

TL;DR I can't verify my payment since can't add a phone.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZachV19

The VPN is the issue. Disable it when paying with PayPal. Disable VPN. Clear out browser cache, cookies, history and restart your device. Then try payment again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ZachV19
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply sharpiemaker! Sadly, it did not work and I still cannot verify/send money to the seller via F&F. Will try again on another device.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZachV19

I should warn you not to send payment as Friends and Family for digital goods such as game keys, game accounts, skins, gift cards, etc as it could be a scam. There is no purchase protection for friends and family payments. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ZachV19
Contributor
Contributor

I originally tried to pay with G&S, and it had the same result sadly. Thus why I tried F&F since I thought it might have less complications. Grateful for the warning though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.