When does PayPal actually stop placing money on hold?

Angelov1337
New Community Member

I have been getting increasingly frustrated with my funds being placed on hold by PayPal, I sell on Depop so the integration with the service is not great. Whenever I make a sale, I have to manually fill in tracking information, and even though PayPal are supposed to release the funds 24 hours after the delivery is confirmed in around 70% of the cases I have to follow up and ask support to manually release them which takes increasingly more time as sales accumulate and I'd much rather focus on my business than chase up every single transaction. 

My question to the Community is When does PayPal stop placing funds on hold? How long do I have to sell for or how many sales do I have to accumulate before they no longer place my money on hold with every transaction? I've seen some things about 90 days, 25 sales and $250 in revenue but I don't know how relevant that is as there's no official paypal article I could find.

(Extra info for clarity; I have had 130 sales with no disputes/chargebacks/refunds along with 105  5 star reviews)

Any help is more than welcomed as it will help me plan around this inherent to PayPal inconvenience.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Angelov1337 

When they think you have become a trusted seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.