When I attempt to add my bank account I get an ambiguous error message

Keebist
Contributor
Contributor

I have linked my bank account before, and used my account numbers for this kind of thing before as well, but when I attempt to link my savings account I receive this error: "Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now." and when I try my checking I get this one "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later."

I have attempted to contact support by messages as well as through the phone, but they throw this stupid automated spiel at me that is completely useless and not applicable to my issue.  The phone support hung up on me when I asked to be connected to a human (a person picked up and hung up after I had been on hold waiting for a bit, how messed up is that?).  Anyway, I just want some help with my issue and maybe to report the jerks who have been maliciously unhelpful so far.  Any help that isn't from a mentally challenged robot is appreciated.

Update: I finally got a real person to talk to me, and their "security system" is flagging my bank account for an unknown reason, and they are going to call me back in the next 24hours with a solution of some kind.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Keebist
Contributor
Contributor

I FINALLY got a real human to talk to me over the phone, and I had my bank account removed last year because Paypal was wrongly charging my account instead of my credit card, which was generating extra fees for me. This apparently caused my bank account to be permanently banned from ever being re-instated in their system. The only lesson I could learn from this horrible experience was: Don't use Paypal, ever.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

FixMePlz
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I am starting to believe it when others tell me that it is PayPal refusing to allow a Bank Link to work, because they make no money off of it. They want all of us to 'pay' their 1% Tax on all their transactions. So they force you to only work with pricey Credit Cards now, and silence anyone who doesn't go with their Program.

Login to Me Too

Keebist
Contributor
Contributor

They continue to string me along, the "solution" the person had for me was just to run the ticket out so they could close the case.  

here is the chat transcript. they have been refusing to help me for a week.  This really speaks to their incompetence as a company.

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

5:19 PM

- PayPal Assistant

I am unable to link my bank account

5:19 PM

JT
Thank you for using PayPal Messaging! My name is Joebert and I'm here to make sure you have the best experience with us. I can sense the importance of this matter.

Our security program considers a variety of factors for each transaction to keep you safe. This has impacted this transaction, and may not impact future transactions. What you can do is try to use a different card or bank account.

Once logged in to your PayPal account, here's how to link a bank:
  1. Click Wallet.

2. Click Link a bank account.

3. Select your bank from the list or search for your bank using search bar. If you are unable to locate your bank, click Search for other banks at the bottom of page.

4. Depending on the selected bank, use your bank login and click Link Bank Instantly, or select Link another way, enter the Routing and Account numbers, and then click Agree and Link. We'll match this information with your bank to confirm your account ownership.

If you enter the numbers manually or you don't see an option for instant bank confirmation, we’ll confirm your bank account by sending 2 small deposits (each between $0.01 and $0.99 USD) to the bank account you want to confirm.

After 2 to 3 business days, review your bank statement or contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online.
Here’s how to complete the confirmation process online:
  1. Go to Wallet.

2. Click the bank you want to confirm.

3. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account, then click Continue.

8:14 AM

- Joebert

that is UNHELPFUL, I am doing this correctly, but your system keeps telling me "please try again later" this automated response being thrown at me repeatedly is seriously insulting.

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.

that is the exact message i get

I get the same message when I link by logging in with my bank credentials, the login is successful, but it says "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later."

when i attempt to link my checking account it says "Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now."

i mean when i try my savings

9:54 AM

JO
I see. I do apologize that you have to go through all of this. If I were in your position, I would feel the same way. I see here that the actions of adding your bank is being blocked by our security system. To make it convenient for you, We love to check your account further if what other options do we have to make it convenient for you. Will get back to you within 24 hours. Please keep your line open just incase we have to call you.

3:55 PM

- Justin Paolo

Thank you! It has been a serious challenge to get a real person to help me, thank you for looking into it!

4:06 PM

MK
I understand that you would like to link a bank account and let me see what I can do to help you out.

I understand how much you would like to add the bank, however, right as of this moment, it seems like due to multiple attempts in adding the bank, the security system trigger that cause to decline the process, I already submitted a request to refresh the system but it will take 48 hours, I would really appreciate if you can wait after 48 hours, don't make any changes and try to re-process it after the given time frame.

Once, you successfully add the bank account, you can now withdraw the available balance. Here’s how to withdraw money:

1.Click Transfer Money under your available balance.
2.Select where you would like to transfer money from.
3.Select where you'd like to transfer the money to.
4.Enter the amount
5.Click Continue.

8:54 AM

- Mark

paypal is unable to link my bank account

1:32 PM

It looks like you want to add a bank account. Is that correct?

- PayPal Assistant

No

Are you contacting us about a PayPal branded Debit Card or Credit card?

- PayPal Assistant

None of these

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

- PayPal Assistant

Paypal is unable to link my bank account, i asked another rep for help, and they made me wait 48 hours, but this did not help. I need a paypal agent to link my bank account for me because your system is unable to do so, and your employees are unable to explain why.

I get this message when i attempt to link my bank message when I link by logging in with my bank credentials, the login is successful, but it says "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later."

when i attempt to link my checking account it says "Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now."

We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later.

i really need help with this, and i have been trying to get assistance for an entire week, but every repressentative has been maliciously unhelpful

I have been hung up on by phone support before I could say anything, and your customer service keeps running me around so the timer on their case goes away and they dont have to deal with me anymore

what is up with that? why is everybody i contact from paypal being so obtuse?

They are blatantly refusing to help me. Its really making me want to go to extreme lengths to avoid dealing with paypal ever again

when i attempted to get help on the forums my post was deleted because of the randomly generated name they gave me, which was impossible to change.

Is closing my account the only way to have my money sent to me??? It wont even let me send a check to myself.

if I am unable to even touch my own money, then what exactly is the point of paypal?

instead of paypal you should rebrand to "your payenemy"

"we keep your money, get bent" could be your slogan

This is my daily update so you cant resolve my case until you actually help me

8:26 AM

SY
Hello my name is Sydney and I’ll be assisting you. I'm sorry this has been causing you so many issues. I would be happy to try and help you with that. What is the last 2 of the bank account number you are trying to add? Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.

1:20 PM

- Sydney

The last two digits are **

1:55 PM

SY
Sean, thank you and I appreciate your patience while waiting for my response.

8:28 AM

- Sonny

SY
I can see that the bank ***** ending with **** is disabled. I will attempt to re-enable your bank account so that you can link.

In order to perform this action are you able to receive a security text message from me at the mobile number ending in *** so that I can try overriding this for you?

8:30 AM

- Sonny

SY

(i replied here at 8:35, 5 minutes after she sent me this message, and she just up and abandoned me) I request you to please stay connected while performing this action. Thanks!

8:30 AM

- Sonny

I am ready

Yes i can receive the message at that number

When you send it i will put it in here

Hopefully I dont have to sit here keeping this browser from timing out for 16 hours

While i wait for another reply

Still here

Keeping it open

.... Still here

10:28 AM

JN
Hey Sean, my name is Jordan. I've read through the previous interactions and apologize. If you have access to receive a text message I will send one out, and should be able to override this.

12:17 PM

- Jordan

JN
Appreciate your patience, ill keep this window open.

12:17 PM

- Jordan

I do have access

Send the text

Stop asking if i want tou to send it just send it

1:28 PM

Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.

This is definitely the worst support I have received from any company

Login to Me Too
Solved

Keebist
Contributor
Contributor

I FINALLY got a real human to talk to me over the phone, and I had my bank account removed last year because Paypal was wrongly charging my account instead of my credit card, which was generating extra fees for me. This apparently caused my bank account to be permanently banned from ever being re-instated in their system. The only lesson I could learn from this horrible experience was: Don't use Paypal, ever.

Login to Me Too

Gregaylor9
Contributor
Contributor
How did you actually get a real person to talk to you? I’m having the exact same problem but I can’t get anyone to respond
Login to Me Too

Keebist
Contributor
Contributor
They eventually fixed it because I refused to let them resolve the ticket I had open, and I reported each eand every one of the representatives that were trolling me to the higher ups until one of the admins took it seriously and fixed it. Also, they actually only helped me once I opened a new bank acct and moved all the money that I had in PP there. I was just about to deactivate my account when they decided to come through and fix everything.
Login to Me Too

FixMePlz
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, thank you for posting this thread! It is just like what I was going through. Alllllll those 'promises' made and NO RESULTS are forthcoming. The stupid program STILL refuses to allow a Bank Account to be Linked to PayPull.   Sure, they want you to get their Credit Card.. and to PAY them all those Transfer Fees for using other Credit Cards... and other headaches... but they still will not do a SIMPLE reset of the secret 'Security Feature' to allow for a true Link to be made to and from a Legitimate Bank!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.