What kind of joke is PayPal these days??

Bass4lance
Contributor
Contributor

So, since I have been back selling online and being forced to use the cursed PayPal for money transactions I have heard nothing besides one lie or misinformation after another. I can not wait until Ebay completely drops this company. I currently have 84 buyer 100% feedbacks with no neutrals or negative reviews. All 100%. Yet, PayPal seems to continue to hold my funds for one excuse after another. It takes a half a day to complete what could be a simple 30 min call from customer service yet each employee from PayPal has to hear the complete explanation from start to finish, before they become snug thinking they have all the answers, arguing their stand on the matter then eventually transferring me to the next wrong paypal departments where the same vicious cycle starts all over again. I have hours of proof from calls made to this company and not a single time have I ever heard the same answer even the same half a day transfers that all work next to each other. When you try to object they become snotty with know it all attitudes and stand on their take in every matter. Now once again (remind you I’m 84 buyer 100% feedbacks and yet once again they hold our funds like a hostage, but not before they they take their own fees out first. This is why Ebay is how Ebay will glide past. They are not much better however, they see how PayPal is unstructured know it all employees that never have the same answer work at PayPal and will use this mistake of a company as a example what not to do. PayPal is a joke. The reasoning for holding my money this time is because I’m a risk factor by one employee, the buyer needs to verify on receipt their payment by another PayPal worker, along with my device I sell all the time to the same buyer happens to suprisingly be a dispute issue because PayPal decided they probably could be disappointed so they are hold my funds, along with my account had been breached, the holds are random which I seem to be top random target, and on and on. Everyone I talk to agrees that it will be a celebration when PayPal is no longer a must to use when selling on eBay. QMy take is they collect interest on funds they so happenly hold quiet often. This is a shady company that we do not have to depend on much longer. I can’t wait. Tired of their shady ways

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Givememymoney2
New Community Member

PayPal is a joke it has been a nightmare I hope I never have to use PayPal again!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

4hugo
Contributor
Contributor

out of 20 attempts a day to get funds sent to my bank, I get nothing but something went wrong errors. I sold an item on ebay 19 Aug and yesterday was the first day (after multiple holds and requests for information, just to get a new hold the day a hold lifts and have to verify all again) I finally was able to get $500 of my $22,500 sent to me. Now, another 3 day wait for them to verify the exact same method they sent money to the first time just to hope for another $1000 next week. They every now and then allow me to squeeze an ebay or walmart purchase in (since they get paid for this) but after one transaction, errors for the next two days. I have filed a BBB complaint and if they do not allow me to nickel and dime MY money again this week, its lawyer time. They must make millions a year off interest from holding peoples funds. And I tried cash at Walmart option and after 15 attempts I actually got a code to get money. I went to Walmart and they said it isnt valid. Tried 3 straight days to try again, now i just get an error and no code. Ok let me stop, i can go on all day.

Login to Me Too

4hugo
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I forgot to add, when I call to complain, Paypal folks say no, there is no hold on your account. Maybe instead of using internet explorer, try firefox or Chrome. When I say I tried every way, they say oh wait 72 hours and try again.

Login to Me Too

CMSUGARB
New Community Member

It's so sad. They want you to jump through hoops. I got my card today. activated it. said it was linked to my account. I did this all on PC...When I tried to login on the app forget it. Info incorrect, etc.. I'm so done with this company. My 86 year old mother tried to set up an account and was impossible. I HATE THIS COMPANY. GARBAGE!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.