What is the maximum number of entering a credit card to PayPal accounts in its lifetime history?

FayRose
Contributor
Contributor
Please I need to know the maximum number of times a credit card can be added to PayPal accounts in its lifetime. I already know that the bank account can be added to PayPal accounts 3 times only in its lifetime. So my question is about the credit card. Waiting for your response 🙏 Thank you so much ^^
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @FayRose and @Santosh21,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry that there is any confusion. The information given may be a misinterpretation of the available information on this topic. My understanding is that there is no specific limit for the number of times a card can be added in its lifetime, however a card is reviewed by the security system each time it is added, and adding a card repetitively may potentially be one factor that may cause it to be rejected. There are other factors that are considered as well, of course, and it is not always possible to pinpoint the exact reason for a decline.

I believe the confusion that led to the answer that a card can be added 8 times stems from the limit that up to 8 of most things can be added. Up to 8 email addresses, cards, etc. can be added in most cases.

If you're seeing an error that says that it is still linked to another account, that would mean that it is still tied to another account, and that would have to be resolved before the card could be re-added. Please contact customer service to request help with that. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for contact options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Santosh21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @FayRose,

I understand that  you wish to know the maximum number of times a credit card can be added to PayPal accounts in its lifetime. A card can be added 8 times to PayPal account in its lifetime.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,
Santosh 

Login to Me Too

FayRose
Contributor
Contributor
Hello @Santosh21 First, thank you so much for your feedback! Actually I wish if that was the case, but I tried to add my card to my account for the third time, but it said "this card can't be added". So in my case, the cardy was allowed to be added for just 2 times. Also when I tried to link it to another PayPal account, it said "this card is already linked to another PayPal account" while it is not linked to any account now. This is my case, hope this description help you guess what's wrong with my card. I can't add it for the third time to my account. Thanks again
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @FayRose and @Santosh21,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry that there is any confusion. The information given may be a misinterpretation of the available information on this topic. My understanding is that there is no specific limit for the number of times a card can be added in its lifetime, however a card is reviewed by the security system each time it is added, and adding a card repetitively may potentially be one factor that may cause it to be rejected. There are other factors that are considered as well, of course, and it is not always possible to pinpoint the exact reason for a decline.

I believe the confusion that led to the answer that a card can be added 8 times stems from the limit that up to 8 of most things can be added. Up to 8 email addresses, cards, etc. can be added in most cases.

If you're seeing an error that says that it is still linked to another account, that would mean that it is still tied to another account, and that would have to be resolved before the card could be re-added. Please contact customer service to request help with that. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for contact options.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

FayRose
Contributor
Contributor
Dear @PayPal_Olivia Thank you so much for your good news! Okay, I sent a massage describing the issue through "Help Center" and I'm waiting for their reply. Will confirm you when I get my card refreshed its status and manage to add it to my account once again. Thank you so much 🌹 Wish you all the best ^^
Login to Me Too

FayRose
Contributor
Contributor
Dear @PayPal_Olivia I managed to add the card to my PayPal account once again! Thank you so much for your help 🙏💕
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @FayRose,

I'm so glad that this was able to be resolved! Thank you for coming back to let us know!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.