What happened to the Manage Currencies link

steveg242
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe I'm blind but suddenly I can no longer find the "Manage Currencies" link.  If I want to put some money into my euro balance, for example, it was easy, just click on "Manage Currencies" and make the exchange.  I logged in today and I can't find the link anywhere.  Has the layout changed?  How do I get to that now?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Oldpainlesss
Contributor
Contributor

This was working for me last week but the link has now disappeared too.

I've tried two different laptops and different browsers.

Was great to work out how much I'd get charged for buying goods in foreign currencies via paypal before committing.

Assume Paypal has decided to remove it as probably nobody used it.

Does anyone know if and where Paypal have a daily table of exchange rates so I can calculate manually instead?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oldpainlesss

Did you read as per above?

Not sure if its the same where you are as you have not said your country but you should find it if you click on the 3 dots upper / right of your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Oldpainlesss
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I did read all the posts.

Sorry should have been clearer.

I click on the three dots and select manage currencies but the only option after the page loads is clickable links for transfer and add a currency.

If you look at the page source there are many references in the html code to manage currencies but zero http links in the code. So it would seem to me the link has been removed by Paypal and the remnants of it is still present in bits of the code.

Login to Me Too

Hot_Dog_Heaven
Contributor
Contributor

I too am suffering from the withdrawal of the Manage Currencies function as it was previously.

Before it was possible to see the rate exchange of a PayPal user's desired currency and value exchange without having the funds available in one's account. Now it solely provides the rate of the available funds, listed currencies, and nothing more. No available funds, no chance to view PayPal exchange rates.

I, as a seller from Germany who sells in USD, used this tool for pricing because I could see exactly how my desired listing should be priced in order to effectively and accurately sell abroad without doubting my exchange calculations.

I would like the fully equipped Manage Currencies function as it was previously to be restored as it will improve my sales tactics, therefore benefiting buyers as I can be assured my prices are accurate and of optimal competitiveness.

My challenges through this change have made it more difficult to use PayPal and I would be happy to have it as before as it would lead to a more harmonious platform for myself and all PayPal users who sell primarily abroad.

Best regards from Germany

Login to Me Too

Oldpainlesss
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to Paypal last week about it and they said it was working fine - they even checked while I waited on the phone. So it's currently not an issue for them.

As long as you know the paypal conversion rate (yesterday it was 1 GBP = 1.26392 USD - I buy stuff from the US) I use this calculator now as you can add in the rate 1.2xxxxx into the exchange rate field, add in the amount to change i.e. how much in the foreign currency, then in the currency B option above will be your rough cost in your currency > https://www.calculator.net/currency-calculator.html

Hope it helps.

Login to Me Too

Oldpainlesss
Contributor
Contributor

My country is England by the way.

Login to Me Too

samc1078
Contributor
Contributor

This has just started happening for me also. Within the last week, it must have been updated. I've tried using both Chrome and IE and there appears to no longer be a Manage Currency option. I found this option quite useful, so I could see exactly what I would be charged for a conversion.

Login to Me Too

jsljustin
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have the same problem. Clicking the 3 dots and selecting "manage currencies" does nothing, it no longer gives the ability to do either a balance or payment conversion.

I like to know roughly what an overseas purchase is going to cost me by doing a conversion ahead of time. This option has been removed.

Like others have said, is there any way to find out paypal's live exchange rates? I use this information all the time prior to making international purchases.

Login to Me Too

suzyfergus
Contributor
Contributor

Thoroughly agree with all who can no longer find currency rates. They are not there and can't be found no matter what others suggest. I have tried all suggestions. PayPal's own help suggestion - useless. I am in Australia and wonder why the pages have been changed here. I rely on the rates all the time.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

@suzyfergus

Hey, I had the same problem too. I have a workaround that works for me. Just go to Send&Request page >>>>Send>>>enter an email of another paypal user and from there you can enter some amount of money to see the conversion rate between gbp to usd, euro to usd, etc. You can close the page after that aka you don't need to actually send money to anyone. Hope that this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.