What do I need to withdraw money to a card?

madalinagirbea
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I registered to paypal in the UK and I linked my UK bank account to it as well as my Italian card (prepaid + IBAN). However, I can't withdraw money from my paypal balance to my Italian card but only to my UK bank account. So, what kind of Italian account do I need in order to do that? Current account only? Prepaid? IBAN? Debit card? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madalinagirbea

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

madalinagirbea
Contributor
Contributor

So even if I open an Italian bank account I won't be able to link it to my UK paypal account NOR withdraw money from it? No matter what?

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you just heard what he said.

if you are in Italy,then you can open an account based in Italy and link your Italian bank account but not your UK bank account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.