What difference does it make: my PayPal connected to my bank or to my debit card?

AugustinAustin
Contributor
Contributor

Does it make a difference? I used to have it connected to my debit card, but then PayPal kind of confused me and I thought maybe they wanted it to be just to my bank routing number. (Actually I think I used to have both.) Is one faster than the other and does PayPal really have a preference?  Note: I am asking about personal (non-business) account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AugustinAustin 

If you withdraw to a bank account its free but you pay a fee to withdraw to a debit card.

Secondly paypal  normally credit a seller upfront when you pay for an item, (as long as you have a back up card linked to that account) and you have never had a failed bank transfer or negative balance. If you have then they wouldn't credit the seller upfront and you would have to take the wait as the payment would go as an echeque. HOWEVER if you paid via a debit card then the payment would be instant. 

Lastly if you are sending friends / family payments then its free from your bank account but there is a fee for a debit card but the debit card would be a faster payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AugustinAustin 

If you withdraw to a bank account its free but you pay a fee to withdraw to a debit card.

Secondly paypal  normally credit a seller upfront when you pay for an item, (as long as you have a back up card linked to that account) and you have never had a failed bank transfer or negative balance. If you have then they wouldn't credit the seller upfront and you would have to take the wait as the payment would go as an echeque. HOWEVER if you paid via a debit card then the payment would be instant. 

Lastly if you are sending friends / family payments then its free from your bank account but there is a fee for a debit card but the debit card would be a faster payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.