What Happens if I close a currency that has money in it?

DemandOnTheLand
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Could someone please tell me, what would happen if I close a currency that has money in it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DemandOnTheLand 

It probably won't let you close currency balance if you still have money in it or give an error message...but PayPal recommends the following:

"Make sure your balance is zero before trying to close a currency balance. If you still have money in this balance, you’ll need to transfer it to a currency you still hold.

When you close a balance, you’ll need to manually accept or deny any new payments made in that currency."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DemandOnTheLand 

It probably won't let you close currency balance if you still have money in it or give an error message...but PayPal recommends the following:

"Make sure your balance is zero before trying to close a currency balance. If you still have money in this balance, you’ll need to transfer it to a currency you still hold.

When you close a balance, you’ll need to manually accept or deny any new payments made in that currency."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.