We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time.

otherusername
Contributor
Contributor

This addition of bank account has been broken for days. I am charged a very expensive rate per minute to call Ireland from my country and nobody answers. PayPal make a lot of money why do they allow their systems to be broken for so long, it makes them look very disorganised and cheap?

Every time it is tried I get this error:

We were unable to process your bank account registration at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again at a later date.

How many later dates should I try? There used to be an FAQ on this but they deleted it. Do they need some open source help to cure this issue it might be faster than asking their internal IT engineers to look at it, they seem to be stuck for an answer. I have probably exceeded my paypal balance on phonecall costs. Why oh why is this such a bad setup?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@otherusername

You can't add a local bank account in your country.
You can only add a linked card.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

otherusername
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply it says I could withdraw to my US based bank account on that page which is what I am trying to link, they are both in the same name. You'd think it wouldn't be rocket science to customise the error message rather than just implying their site is broken. It's not a US PayPal account it's a Singapore one from what I can see. Perhaps I can switch it to euros and pay into my European business account after some wide fx fees.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@otherusername

What country are you actually in?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

otherusername
Contributor
Contributor
It's a Seychelles incorporated IBC, similar to a BVI company.
Login to Me Too

otherusername
Contributor
Contributor

Now they say their card system is broken too and apologise but still hit my card, searching this forum these errors have not been updated since 2014. No email support, no phone answering and a 1999 interface of error messages, are paypal even still in business? Door seems wide open for competitors. What do people suggest as better alternatives? Who's the ombudsmen for paypal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.