We're sorry, you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction.

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

Yet another paypal customer with this same old problem, can't remove old dead bank accounts from my paypal account, "We're sorry, you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later." some of my dead accounts are over 2 years old so if you paypal want to clutter up your system with unusable dead bank accounts then thats your right but it looks ugly for your customers to see such an untidy account. i will not be phoning any customer care numbers, my account works its just ugly.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@swc_products

Check if you had a subscription set up against one of the bank accounts...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

I thought that was going to be the answer but unfortunately not, thanks for the help though i appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

inolepehc
Contributor
Contributor

@swc_products i hoped this was going to help you/us.

this is looking at a screen of a paypal business account, personal accounts should be very similar, right?

SETTINGS/MONEY, BANKS AND CARDS/AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS (SET AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS)/SET AVAILABLE FUNDING SOURCES

Uncheck the old bank account you want to delete from your paypal account.  SET AVAILABLE FUNDING SOURCES is easy to overlook by the way, so pay close attention.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.