We can't complete this right now

VS555
New Community Member

As I try to link my card I constantly get this "We can't complete this right now." message. Is this some kind of problem with my card or bank or pay pal issue? Please help!

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VS555

Is it a card Paypal can accept in your country?

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

batnight
New Community Member

yes i have the same problem tho.

Login to Me Too

nitramcek
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

I had my Mastercard whitch expired. So I get new one and I removed my expired one.

Then I tried to add my new one but I allways get: We can't complete this right now

It's probably not Mastercard fault, cos i had Mastercard from the same bank linked before.

Don't know if there is some problem from PayPal side or what. I cant get any response from them.

Login to Me Too

Lusubilo
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, Any one can solve this!! 

Login to Me Too

nitramcek
Contributor
Contributor
Call their support and they will unblock your card. That's what I did to solve my problem.
Login to Me Too

Lusubilo
Contributor
Contributor

@nitramcek wrote:
Call their support and they will unblock your card. That's what I did to solve my problem.

Thank you for your reply, till now I have the same problem, I contacted paypal support they said that my card issuer is declining for paypal to take a charge of 1 USD from my account. Later I contacted directly my card issuer and they have arleady upgrade my card fit for online purchasing, but after trying again to link my card it fails with the same msg "We can't complete this right now". I need more help my friend! 

Login to Me Too

Kakodane
New Community Member

I contacted their support only to get a generic answer ( basically voicemail ) and of course that was no help what so over, so I just created another account and oh look I can add the card without any problems...

Login to Me Too

HellianX
Contributor
Contributor

umm their support? u meant paypal or ur visa/master card support?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

Hi All, 

These are all great questions related to a card that is denied when attempting to add it. I apologize if this process has caused frustration. 

The are several factors that can stop a card from being added to the account. Some of these facts are if you're attempting to add a prepaid card as these tend to be associated with fraud or the card you're trying to add has been on another account recently. 

If a card is being declined by the card issuer, the error message will state exactly that. 

When you run into an issue like this, it generally is best to call our phone support team as they can try to help you add the card. You can also try to put the card through our confirmation process which you can do by going to this link: www.PayPal.com/mem-number. If you would like to call us, you can obtain our number by using the 'Help & Contact' option on the bottom of the PayPal webpage. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.