WRONGFUL LIMITATIONS PLACED ON ACCOUNT.

sirshaun
Contributor
Contributor

I had two transactions placed in the pending category after making a withdrawal to my account. I then called in to find out what the issue was because I needed to pay  bills and buy equipment to run my business.  The customer service rep asked my what my transaction amounts were and dates for verification.  Once given they put me on hold told me the security department will take care of it and hung up on me.  I then called back and was hung up on two more times.  I have sent in all the info they have requested and I am still waiting for a reply. I have gone through the community forums and online chats and found that this is a common practice by Paypal. This experience has been horrible and I don't recommend using this service if your business needs to be liquid.   If I do what they ask and they still have these limitations on my account what can be done?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @sirshaun, thank you for reaching out on our Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear your account has recently been limited. Account limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open. When we place a limitation, an email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. In most cases, you can find options to resolve the limitation in the Resolution Center. If you're still running into issues resolving your limitation, I suggest reaching out to our Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, and Twitter or Facebook. Good luck and have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sirshaun
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I understand the explanation but the way It was carried out  wrong.  I had confirmed my credit cards and bank accounts previously.  Then when I went to withdrawal money the transaction is placed in a pending queue.  Fine, I understand that.  I WASN'T sent an email I was just told on the transaction screen that it would be under review for 72 hrs.  Once the 72hrs was up there was still no email, no text and no call.  I had to call in to find out what was going on and when I did I was addressed by a rude uninformed customer service rep who told me to hold on while security takes a look then she HANGS UP ON ME.  I then refresh the screen on my monitor and find that no longer is the withdrawal pending it is DENIED!  Not only that, my account had a limitation placed on it.  I then submitted I.D. that they requested and waited through the waiting time for verification.  Once again no email, no text and no call.  I then again had to call in to find that the image on the I.D.  I had submitted wasn't clear enough for them so I had to send it again.  Now Finally I did receive an email saying that the limitation was lifted.  BUT GUESS WHAT???? I TRIED TO WITHDRAWAL MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT AND IT HAS BEEN PLACED IN A PENDING QUEUE AGAIN.  I did reach out to customer service and again the rep told me that there is nothing she can do I just have to wait. So it seems like a game is being played.  How do you expect small business owners to conduct business when their funds aren't liquid.  I'm at the point now that I have to be make a bunch of lame excuses to customers waiting on my services because there are delays in purchases that I have to make. All because of this. Just so I can keep their business and they don't stray to another company.  Is the sorry you provide going to save my company form financial ruin or pay my bills or feed my children????????  Awaiting a response.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.