WITHDRAW FUNDS - EXPERIMENT - PENDING, WHY???? PLUS ALL THE T&C'S WHICH PAYPAL BREAK!!!

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have been trying to write this for a while but for some reason, when I include the legal terms my browser shuts down and has an error from the paypal site, so I am doing it in notepad, so no text effects I afraid

Right - i going to be brief cos fed up now and will re edit at some point

I wanted to withdraw £80 odd, So I rang cust serv to set up bank account as web site was not working

"No problem...Usual processing times for withdrawl is 2 hours...we use faster payment system" Is what I was told

So made withdrawl, Sure it said on screen that takes 2 hours but it is no longer there, anyone confirm this used to be?

Anyway, didnt arrive, eventually read the email that said "may take up to 24 hours......may be subject to review...as a result it may take longer"

Take longer...So hang on, it will take longer than 24 hours IF i am selected for review.....Why then Paypal are you not releasing my funds in 2 hours as per your own Terms and conditions?

So I rings up again, will take as long as it says on email as I have been selected for a random review otherwise it would have gone out straight away, i am told.

So....22hrs55min later, I get my funds and an email saying it will take up to 2 hours, but "may be subject to review...as a result it may take longer"

Take longer"...same thing. PayPal could keep doing this over and over do you realise this?

So Experiment

I deposit 1 p from bank
1 min later I withdraw it - result - pending - 72 hours
I deposit another 1 p
Same result, Another 72 hours

I think not doing it again, this is not random. Surely they dont think I am laundering 1p's from my account to my account. There are better ways of cleaning 1p's, like viniger.
I suppose it is in their interest to hold it though, and I do mean interest, all these 1p's add up, to lots of interest on their account, and as they operate at a loss.....

Anyway, Terms and conditions clearly state that they will send funds out by faster payment service - as the norm

Sections are 6, 3 and 9.

Section 6......

Redemptions/withdrawals to UK bank accounts. We will use the Faster Payments Service to process a redemption/withdrawal Payment Order (pursuant to section 3.1)

[section 3.1 says .........
3.1 Our execution of your Payment Orders. Subject to the terms of this Agreement (and your compliance with the same), you agree that we will execute a Payment Order made by you via your Payment Account and credit the payment service provider of the person to whom you are sending your payment, as soon as the payment schemes available to PayPal allow (which can be within the next Business Day) following the date you gave us and we received your valid Payment Order. This is subject to you providing us with:

your Payment Order before 4pm (local time of the country where your Account is registered) on a Business Day. If you provide us with your Payment Order after this time or not on a Business Day, you agree that your Payment Order was received by us on the following Business Day;]

Section 6 continues.......................

where

• the payment is made to your UK bank account in Pounds Sterling;
  • the receiving institution can receive the payment via the Faster Payments Service; and
  • the payment amount is within the limits stipulated by the Faster Payments Service from time to time

Redemption/withdrawal payments using the Faster Payments Service could (but are not guaranteed to) be credited to your bank account within 2 hours.

Transaction Review. We may review your withdrawal transaction to mitigate any risks and/or to prevent money laundering and to ascertain whether any Restricted Activity (as set out in section 9)

[section 9 says........

9.1 Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website, your Account, or the Services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, a User or a third party, you will not:

• Breach this Agreement (including, without limitation, opening multiple PayPal accounts or breaching the Card Processing Agreement, the Acceptable Use Policy or any other agreement that you have entered into with PayPal (including a Policy));
  • Breach any law, statute, contract, or regulation (for example, those governing financial services including anti-money laundering, consumer protections, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
  • Infringe PayPal’s or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
  • Act in a manner that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
  • Provide false, inaccurate or misleading Information;
  • Fail to provide us with further information about you or your business activities that we may reasonably request;
  • Send or receive what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent or unauthorised funds;
  • Refuse to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of your identity or any Information you provide to us;
  • Attempt to "double dip" or undertake any action which could amount to unjust enrichment during the course of a dispute by receiving or attempting to receive funds from both PayPal and the seller, bank, or credit card company for the same transaction;
  • Use an anonymising proxy;
  • Control an Account that is linked to another Account that has engaged in any of these Restricted Activities;
  • Conduct your business or use the Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, Disputes, Claims, Reversals, Chargebacks, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to PayPal, a User, a third party or you;
  • Abuse (as either a buyer or seller) of our Online Dispute Resolution process and/or PayPal Buyer Protection;
  • Cause PayPal to receive a disproportionate number of Claims that have been closed in favour of the claimant regarding your Account or business;
  • Have a credit score from a credit reporting agency that indicates a high level of risk associated with your use of the Services;
  • Use your Account or the Services in a manner that PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or our bank acquirer and/or payment processors reasonably believe to be an abuse of the bank’s reversal process, credit card system or a violation of credit card association rules;
  • Allow your Account to have a balance reflecting an amount owing to us;
  • Undertake activity that does or may present to us a credit or fraud risk, a sudden increase in exposure, or a significant or otherwise detrimental level of exposure (as PayPal reasonably believes based on the information available to it);
  • Provide yourself a cash advance from your credit card (or help others to do so);
  • Access the Services from a country that is not included on PayPal's Worldwide page;
  • Disclose or distribute another User’s Information to a third party, or use the Information for marketing purposes unless you receive the User’s express consent to do so;
  • Send unsolicited email to a User or use the Services to collect payments for sending, or assisting in sending, unsolicited email to third parties;
  • Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
  • Facilitate any viruses, Trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Information;
  • Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our website without our prior written permission;
  • Use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with our website or the Services;
  • Copy, reproduce, communicate to any third party, alter, modify, create derivative works, publicly display or frame any content from the PayPal website(s) without our or any applicable third party’s written consent;
  • Take any action that may cause us to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other suppliers;
  • Use the Service to test credit card behaviours;
  • Reveal your Account password(s) to anyone else, nor may you use anyone else's password. We are not responsible for losses incurred by you including, without limitation, the use of your Account by any person other than you, arising as the result of misuse of passwords;
  • Do, or omit to do, or attempt to do or omit to do, any other act or thing which may interfere with the proper operation of the Service or activities carried out as part of the Services or otherwise than in accordance with the terms of this Agreement;
  • Request or send a Personal Transaction payment for a Commercial Transaction; or
    Allow your use of the Service to present to PayPal a risk of non-compliance with PayPal’s anti-money laundering obligations (including, without limitation, where we cannot verify your identity or you fail to complete the steps to lift your sending, receiving or withdrawal limit in accordance with sections 3.3, 4.1 and 6.3.).

You agree that engaging in the above Restricted Activities diminishes your or other PayPal customers’ safe access and/or use of your Payment Instrument, Account or the Service generally.

9.2 Keeping your Payment Instrument Safe. You agree to perform the following actions to keep your Payment Instrument safe:

• Not engage in any of the Restricted Activities;
  • Keep the details of your Funding Sources and password safe;
  • Not allow anyone else to have or use your Funding Sources or password details;
  • Not disclose the details of your Funding Sources or password except when using the Service;
  • Never write your password in a way that can be understood by someone else;
  • Not choose a password that is made more memorable to you such as a sequence of letters or numbers that may be easy to guess;
  • Take care to make sure that no one sees your password when you use it; and
    Comply with all reasonable instructions we may issue regarding how you can keep your Payment Instrument safe.

[SECTION 6 CONT....]

is taking place (“Redemption Risk”). Where a Redemption Risk is identified by us, we reserve the right to restrict your Payment Instrument and/or refuse your Payment Order. When you instruct us to perform a redemption, we may treat this as a future dated Payment Order which we will execute within the timeframes set out in section 3.1 once we determine the Redemption Risk has passed. If we release the restriction and/or proceed to process your withdrawal, you agree that the date of your Payment Order will start on the Business Day the restriction was lifted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
So, PayPal Should pay within 2 hours as the NORM...
EXCEPTIONALLY, and in a small number of cases would a withdrawl be 'PENDING' for any length of time

So, WT FIDGET PAYPAL. Why are you holding my 1p and 1p?

Why are you in breach of your own Terms and Conditions in not allowing withdrawls?

Anyone who has constantly had this problem I would be interested if you would reply to this post with 'yes' and how many times out of all your withdrawls you have had this issue.

I am no stranger to taking cases to the High Court and would willingly do so on this matter, If there are enough of us who have suffered materially, lost sales or suffered financial loss WHICH ANYONE WHO HAS HAD FUNDS HELD WOULD DO AS THEY LOSE INTEREST!

DARE PayPal to answer this one with a direct answer. Why Are you in Breach of your own terms eh?
Why hold our moneies?- AHHHHH, Yes, they lose interest, 1000 ppl on hold for 72 hrs, avg £100 each, thats £100,000 over 3 days interest lost PLUS remember, Paypal operate at a loss!!! (Maybe they in profit now, should be with all our f-in money they pending!!

Oh by the way did you read section 9 properly?

did you see
Have a credit score from a credit reporting agency that indicates a high level of risk associated with your use of the Services

What that means is if they decide to get your credit report and dont like your score, whats on it etc they can close your account, probably freeze the funds in the account as well!!!!

Be warned....

Look forward to all your views, Oh, FB this, Put a link on your ebay page, get the word out........

Oh, just saw this on PayPal log in page

"Like any good friend....paypal can keep a secret"

Yeah like why hold our money, you do a good job of that as well..... friends like you, who needs enemies eh?

Thanks Yall

One last thing, visit

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&fli=true&content_ID=ua/upcoming_p...

if you not seen it and scroll down to about the last 1/4 of the page. Do you realise all the people PayPal give your details too...... Just look for UK next to all the names in the left column - frightening.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

that was sposed to be short, blimin t and c's

Login to Me Too

klf3173
Contributor
Contributor

i myself have now had this problem ..i withdraw to my bank account ..pending for 72 hrs ..now is this a straight 72 hrs ..or is it 72 hrs working days ??? ..i dont see why we should list our items ..sell ..and then have to wait for the money ..the buyer is obviously excited about winning a bid an will be looking forward to receiving there item ..im sorry but there is no way i will be posting out my item until the funds are in my bank account ...i am not willing to let the item go ..if the withdrawel fails an i have to then end up spending the money thro ebay ..its not why i sold my item ..the reason i sold my item is to make a bit of pocket money out of my unwanted items ..not to buy more from ebay ...iv read alot of posts from ppl having the same issues ..iv never ever known this before an think it is disgusting that they can control ur money like that

Login to Me Too

rodiow
New Community Member

I am furious  too, Just found your rant,

For years I have had no problem withdrawing money to my Paypal account pretty much INSTANTLY

Now its two to three days !!!!  I have been sending messages to customer service each time a different person responds with the same rubbish "Please have patience our engineers are looking into it"

How can this happen making me wait for my money? they say that somehow it is reverting to the old "bacs" system and not the Faster payment method

What can I do?, this is costing me money, my Lloyds bank account now charges daily interest so each transfer taking three days before it goes in costs me money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.