WE CAN'T LINK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW

TalismanSkulls
Contributor
Contributor

I have my card linked, its noted in my Bank "wallet" as linked also. Yet when I try and setup to transfer money from my bank to my PayPal account it gives me this BS..... WE CAN'T LINK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW.

I have contacted customer service on 4 different occasions now and the reps that call me back keep making me repeat ,myself in the same conversations.

Them: What exactly are you trying to do?

Me: I want to transfer money from my Bank to my PayPal account.

Them: Have you gone online and used our Link Account Option?

Me:  I get the Error, "We can't link your bank account right now."

Them: All you need is your card linked to your wallet and it should allow transfer of funds.

Me: No it doesn't! It keeps asking me to Link my Account. I try and Link my Account. It won't Link My Account.  Without the Account Linked I cannot transfer anything and it does not have the Option!

Them: Have you tried to add PayPal to your Bank for Money Transfer?

Me: I don't think you are comprehending the issue here. PayPal does NOT set up a account or routing number only my Business Account in order to do it that way! In order to do transfer it has to be LINKED on your end! Also I have tried updating the name to include and LLC and the last several reps have been giving me a run around on both this account link issue and the name. Please fix this and dont send me to another irrelevant "Help Link" which is not Solving the Issue!

Them: I am not sure what you are asking then. Are you logging in correctly?

Me: Now I am starting to get pasted annoyed. Obviously I am logged in or I would not be able to text you or review my account much less go through all the steps I am suppose to do. Obviously I know my username and password here and for my bank or I wouldn't be able to see anything connected to the E Wallet. It is this LINKING issue that has been resolved and its been an issue for 3 years. I have tried to UPDATE the LLC part this year and still having issues linking accounts and I have used the same BANK for over a decade.

Them: So, do you want to transfer money from PayPal to your Bank and update your Business Name for your card?

Me: OK. I am done with this conversation. You are not reading what I have stated several time. I Said FROM BANK TO PAYPAY.  In Order to DO THAT I need to LINK MY ACCOUNT. I GET "WE CAN'T LINK YOUR BANK ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW" and there is no solution or Work around. FIX IT and UPDATE MY BUSINESS NAME to have an LLC while you are at it.

This is the kind of conversations I keep having with people. More so ever since they legalized Weed and it feels like I am talking to a bunch of Turnips. Again, dont send me any more links! Fix the problem and stop making things more complicated than they need to be!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TalismanSkulls 

You can't add funds via a debit card only a linked and confirmed bank account as per link as long as you have a paypal cash or cash plus account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348?app=sear...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TalismanSkulls
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account and as stated it wont link!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.