Visa/Debit card not accepted

Zaijal
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there,

I was hoping this would be a very simple Google Search for the answer, but no such luck. I am trying to link a Debit Visa card to my account as a CREDIT card, as it is fully capable of functioning as a VISA. For some reason the system refuses to accept my card as valid, although I have used it as a VISA card in countless other instances to make purchases online. I'm not sure what the issue might be. To eliminate some possibilities, I have already:

• Contacted my bank and verified all contact information is correct.
  • Verified and quadruple-checked all numbers on the card.
  • Verified there is an available balance on the card.

Does PayPal just not like these types of cards? Just about every bank in Canada offers them as a standard for their customers, so I find it hard to believe that a major company like PayPal would not accommodate for this type of setup (I know it's popular in the US as well). Looking to get this resolved ASAP as this is a timely purchase that can not wait the two days to be set up as a BANK ACCOUNT.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jennyb11
New Community Member
Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? Wondering as well
Login to Me Too

Zaijal
Contributor
Contributor

I unfortunately never received a resolution to this issue!

I had to go with a Bank Account setup and wait 4 days for all the verification to complete. By this point it would have been far too late for my purchase, and I was forced to use my spouses' standard Visa card to make it in time. Since this issue was reported, I have seen a few other threads about this exact problem, and no resolutions have been offered. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

who issued this card?

Paypal does not do business with cyber presence only bank.

you can only link a valid card 3 times in the past. 

Login to Me Too

Zaijal
Contributor
Contributor

Issued by CIBC, a top-tier bank. Also card has never been linked before. Thank you for offering suggestions though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.