Visa Debit Card

ThomasH98
New Community Member

I just bought an Amazon Visa gift card. I was wondering if I could put all the money from the gift card onto my paypal account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Correction - woops - was sleeping - need coffee !

As you stated, your card does have the "Visa" logo so you should be able to link it.   Note, you should be able to make a purchase however, what you can't do is use the funds on the card to top off your PayPal Account Balance.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Don't think that card will work however, gift cards that have the following logos : Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover can be added to your account.  You would follow the same steps as you would when adding a credit card.   Note, you may have to register your name and billing address with the card issuer first.   Look for a contact website or phone number on the back of your prepaid gift card to complete this registration process.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Correction - woops - was sleeping - need coffee !

As you stated, your card does have the "Visa" logo so you should be able to link it.   Note, you should be able to make a purchase however, what you can't do is use the funds on the card to top off your PayPal Account Balance.

Login to Me Too

d_williams305
New Community Member

Hi guys, I have heard there is shortly to be a new card avaialble for lots of people to credit funds to, a sort of communal collection card if you will.

This would be ideal for my son who gets married in november. He and his partner have expressed a preference for cash only as they are setting up their first home together shortly after the wedding and wants the funds to buy furniture etc. Does anyone know what the new card is called and how i can get one, thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.