Verifying bank

sue2020
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am about to confirm my bank but it is asking for my user ID and password for my bank.  This seems a bit much...has everyone else done this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @sue2020,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We would never ask for your banking password. Please do not share this and if you have, be sure to change your password and run a full scan for viruses on any device you currently use. Please see the exact steps on how to verify your bank account Here.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

jb_c
New Community Member

To 

PayPal_Siobhán  Moderator, I disagree  with you Paypal is asking for user name and password to verify bank accounts.  does this mean your site has been hacked?  I would NEVER give a 3rd party payer like PayPal complete access to my bank account that is ridiculous. Since you said the PayPal would never I attached a screen shot to verify that we are being ask by the web page, this page is either PayPal or a hacker?  Which is it?  Care to respond?Paypal.jpg
Login to Me Too

FlashBuddy

Yes, I've gone down this path, or attempted to on both the Android PayPal app and my desktop computer. Both fail with errors:

Chrome Legacy Window_PayPal_ Wallet - Google Chrome - chrome 002.pngChrome Legacy Window_PayPal_ Wallet - Google Chrome - chrome.png

Now that you mention it, supplying your banking username and password is a stretch, though most banks use at least two factor authentication. Maybe their (broken) system takes this into consideration, since upon first entering your banking UN and PW, you are then asked to additionally enter info only your bank would have on file - demonstrating your bank and PayPal are communicating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.