VISA card "not eligible" for instant transfer of funds

Ari_S_Arnarsson
New Community Member

Hi,

I live in Iceland and have been using Paypal for my E bay sales. I have used the method of transferring funds from Paypal to my Icelandic VISA credit card without any problems. That was the only option for me.. cause I cannot open a US bank account from Iceland. It just doesn't work. 

But now my card is declined and is "not eligible for instant Transfers" and it says "We linked your card but your bank doesn't currently support Instant Transfers". What is going on here? Does anyone have the same problem? Now I can't do anything to access my Paypal funds. This is unacceptable. 

Ari 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ari_S_Arnarsson 

This is what a moderator posted recently................

Recent changes to banking in Europe known as SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) mean that all customers must now use their IBAN’s with their PayPal accounts. In some cases, bank accounts are not able to be added even if they had been previously working with Paypals system.

I would advise that you contact your bank to ensure your IBAN number is correct. Please mention that you are trying to add your bank account to your PayPal account. In some cases, you might receive a slightly modified version of your IBAN from your bank.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ari_S_Arnarsson 

This is what a moderator posted recently................

Recent changes to banking in Europe known as SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) mean that all customers must now use their IBAN’s with their PayPal accounts. In some cases, bank accounts are not able to be added even if they had been previously working with Paypals system.

I would advise that you contact your bank to ensure your IBAN number is correct. Please mention that you are trying to add your bank account to your PayPal account. In some cases, you might receive a slightly modified version of your IBAN from your bank.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tobakstugga
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem and my only option to link a bank account is to link to a "US Bank account", I have no possibility to open a US bank account as I reside in Iceland. 

I have been transferring fees to my Visa cards for many years from PayPal without problem but now it is suddenly "not eligible" ? 

So I am a little bit confused about this being a solution, am I missing something ?

Login to Me Too

Constatinova
Contributor
Contributor

How can I add IBAN to my PayPal account?

Having the same problem with my VISA debit cards - i used to transfers funds, but 3 day ago PayPal won't let me. I'm in Easter Europe, so no US banks here.

Login to Me Too

irisica
Contributor
Contributor

Why I am getting message that my Visa Business Electron Card (for my company) is not eligible for instant transfer?

I have the same issue, I can't pick my Visa Business for an instant transfer, although PayPal CS stated below that it is eligible. Now I am writing to them for weeks, and they are telling me that everything is fine with the account and that they do not see any issues. I even sent them screenshots and a copy of HTML of the issue, as instructed by them. No response for days. I am not sure what to do! This is so frustrating, I am really thinking of changing the service. 

"Iris, as your PayPal account is from Serbia, you can only add the following financial instruments, as per compliance with the current regulations:

For withdrawals:
Visa, MasterCard or US bank account

For Payments:
Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Diners Cards

You cannot add a local bank account.

I understand that you want to withdraw the funds to your EUR bank account.

You can request a Visa card from your bank which will be associated with your EUR bank account.

After receiving this card from your bank you can add it to your PayPal account. Once your Visa card is added please contact us and we will change the card currency for you from RSD to EUR.

Once this action is completed you can withdraw directly in EUR to your VISA card, which will be associated to your EUR bank account.
Login to Me Too

PuperPtarr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello iris,

Are there any news since then?
Can you mention which bank issued that VISA credit card?

Finally, did you managed to transfer your founds somehow?

Login to Me Too

irisica
Contributor
Contributor
1. Please inform yourself before saying things. Servia is not in SEPA. Only EEA countries are. I got this info from my bank. 2. It says Visa can be connected for instant withdrawals but that’s not true in real life. I have to wait 1-5 working days to get my money. 3. My bank says that there is no issue with them. 4. Same bank, other card (mastercard) is working just fine. 5. In serbia we don’t have MasterCards for businesses, only for population. Paypal support was only sending general automated messages on every of my questions Advice: switch them for any other vendor. As you guys live outside of Srbia and that’s a blessing for stuff like this. We here are destined to this **bleep**.
Login to Me Too

Howdyaus
New Community Member

I am based in Australia and I am having the same problems. 

I can quite easily transfer funds into my PayPal account using my usual Bank account and bank card, but if I try to get funds out it keeps telling me "CARD IS LINKED< BUT INELIGIBLE". It's frustrating as I've had to refund numerous people on Ebay because I could not access the funds to sent items. What's the point of a Paypal account so anyone in the world can pay me, if all I can do is look at the money in my account and not access it. I am going to look into other avenues to receive payments as this is ridiculous and clearly I'm not the only one having problems. Soon as I find a better alternative, I am deleting Paypay and highly advising others do the same.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.