Unverified account

Joshk1
New Community Member

Hi There

I am trying to link my FNB account to Paypal, when i try and link my card on Paypal it says my bank has denied the request but when i try through my bank it says my Paypal is unverified. I have tried everything i can find on verifying my account but the information is either outdated our invalid.

Please help!

Edit: This is the code i receive...

Your Paypal Account Status Is Unverified. Please Login To Www.paypal.com To Get Verified.

Error code: 8062

Ref: VODSZWF4TFNG

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshk1 

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stoned1
New Community Member

To Kernowlass

What you have posted below does not help with the problem as you are just redirecting us to the same problem over and over.

FNB system claims the Paypal account is not verified and that we need to verify the actual PayPal account, which in my case i have already done in order to receive payment.

Now i cannot not proceed any further

Login to Me Too

SuperC
Contributor
Contributor

I sooo agree with you. I have been trying for 2 months now to no avail. The person who wrote how to withdraw funds clearly got verified somehow. I have had every posible person of FNB call me and even they cant help me. Getting verified is impossible.

The wonder of it all is they say" jusy follow these easy steps"    lololol....nothing easy about getting verified thats for sure.

So then, I decide to call the friendly easy advice nr.....due to Covid they dont take phone calls but please go check the community responses to help you.....

The community doesnt have a response.....its a laugh a minute.

Is someone knows how to REALLY get verified PLEASE help.

Login to Me Too

roshajudia
New Community Member

This is a problem - followed every step - more than once still same response from the FNB side - 

Paypal Account Status Is Unverified. Please Login To Www.paypal.com To Get Verified.

Login to Me Too

tashreeq93
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened with me. Then I called FNB (0875 729 725).

They guided me through it, on PayPal when you click on your credit card there was a verify card link I had to press.

Then there was a series of other button's I had to click in order to get a code.

They then asked my card number and verified my details and then gave me a 4 digit code.

After I entered the code it said my card is now verified.

I then did the link process again and this time it worked.

Login to Me Too

heythirty2
New Community Member

I have just solved this problem:

1. In your paypal account settings, under cards, banks etc you will see your added cards. It will show unverified in red

2. Click on the card and follow the steps to verify the card

3. PayPal will chars $1.95 to this card and the reference will contain a code that you will receive

4. Return to your cards page and enter the code

5. Your card will now be verified

6. NOW you can follow the FNB setup easily as your PayPal account is a verified one.

I bank with Standard Bank and this is how I got my account verified this week.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.