Unexpected currency charges

Billybuoy
New Community Member

Has anybody experienced my unfortunate experience when using PayPal in conjunction with eBay. I had some goods damaged in transit to a customer and refunded him amount paid for goods and postage charge via eBay which was fine. BUT then when I asked him to return damaged goods he asked me to pay postage which was reasonable and I sent cost of postage via PayPal in UK pounds. I later discovered my PayPal account had been charged in US dollars because the client had a dollar account which I did not agree to AND in addition a currency charge was added just to add insult to injury without my agreement or knowledge. I spoke to customer services and they were not interested in my complaint just telling me that because the customer had a dollar account I would just have to accept the fact I would be charged in dollars AND pay a currency charge for the priviledge !!!! How to win friends and influence people !!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.