Under 18 - Help resolving negative balance

ashleypak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I believe my account is limited because I am under 18 but I have received parental consent from my guardian to operate my account. I am trying to restore the negative balance on my account but I cannot do this because of its limitation. Is there another way to resolve the negative balance? What should my next course of action be? What happens if I cannot resolve the negative balance in the near future? I am able to repay the negative balance if PayPal would allow me to add money from my bank account. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ashleypak

You are not allowed a paypal account under 18 with or without parental consent.

If your account is limited with a negative balance then paypal will contact you to resolve the balance after you are 18 BUT its unlikely you will be able to use paypal again as you broke their rules in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ashleypak
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for your response. If I am unable to use PayPal again, how do I resolve my negative balance?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ashleypak

Once you are 18 paypal will contact you to resolve the neg balance either via a card over the phone or paying a debt recovery agency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.