Unable to withdraw money to my bank card

xSookie
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried, for at least 2 full days now to withdraw money from my paypal to my card with no luck.

I keep getting: "Sorry about that. We can’t complete this for you right now. You can try again in a minute or two. If you’re still having an issue, let us know."

Efforts to contact paypal have not succeeded.  I have updated my credit card info, although it was not necessary.

I have contacted my own local bank twice to make sure there were no restrictions on the card.

- When I try to call them with the pass code, I get the recording saying that no one is available right now and that the matter cannot be handled on the phone.

- When I try to log it on the paypal website as a report, the only option available when linking the report to a transaction is if there was any fraudulent transactions, no other choice.

-And lastly, when trying to use the message center:  I get: " I'm sorry, but no Customer Support Agents are available at the moment. Please try again later or browse the PayPal Help Center for answers to frequently asked questions."

So in essence absolutely no way to contact paypal even given the options that they DO give you.

I understand COVID may have a hand in this due to low staff support but at least say something to people, or at least give them the option to register a legitimate ticket so they can say for themselves what problems they are having, and not all of this crap.

Good god paypal....

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Ravendove13
New Community Member
I’m having the same issues as we speak, With the addition of “couldn’t verify who I am so the transaction was automatically cancelled.” Twice now, BUT, I made one transfer two days ago that was supposed to be available in minutes as opposed to days and it is still in the authorization process but I cannot cancel the transaction, I’ve tried everything. This is absolutely ridiculous, it’s not like I’m a billionaire that needs triple iron clad security checks just to send money to myself.
Login to Me Too

xSookie
Contributor
Contributor

For people having this problem similar to mine, try contact them through their messaging link.  I seem to have gotten through.  I will this topic as soon as I get sorted out or feedback.

Login to Me Too

xSookie
Contributor
Contributor

Welp, long story short, the problem isn't paypal apparently, it's my bank.

Even though I've been accepting funds from paypal for years.  It just suddenly stopped.

So, my guess at this point, it's got to be some new laws / policies in place worldwide with banks and paypal, and a general shortage of USD currency in some countries.

My best advice at this point, liaise with your respective banks, because according to paypal, they are not the ones stopping transfers to banks "supposedly".

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xSookie 

You need to read this policy as you are in 1 of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

xSookie
Contributor
Contributor

I have read the linked Paypal policy and a few of things don't apply here.

1.  The card I am transferring funds to is a valid Credit card.  I have physically gone to my bank and confirmed with them via email, phone and live chat that there are no limits on my card to receive money from paypal.  Nor are payments blocked from paypal entirely.  I have been transferring funds from paypal to my card for close to a decade.

2.  The source of funds that I am trying to withdraw does not fall into the 30 day waiting period, because I have a very long-standing relationship with them and paypal is aware of this.  I have gone through the procedure of veryifying my source of funds way back with paypal when I first got the card.

3.  The amount I wish to withdraw is a measly $53 USD.  And at most $100 USD  a month if so much.  In no way do i fall anywhere close to the max limits that paypal has for transfer.

4.  I have physically gone to my bank to confirm there are no issues on my card.  And even as I am writing this response they just called me in a response to my queries and they confirmed no issues with my card.  And that truly, paypal system maybe at fault here and they are not admitting it to customers.  Country nor limits has anything to do with this, whatsoever.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xSookie 

Not being telepathic I would not know that the policy didn't apply to you so posted it in case it did help, so, you're welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

xSookie
Contributor
Contributor

Update (but not really)

thank you for those that have responded and tried help, it is appreciated.

But seems I am back at square one.  

I have confirmed with my bank, via email, online chat and in person that there are no limitations on my card.  My most recent transfer from paypal to my card was just 2 weeks ago.

And the message center on paypal says there are no blocks on their end either.  

So clearly one of the 2 is not telling the truth.

But the truth will be revealed eventually, it always does.

If anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to respond to this thread.

Login to Me Too

xSookie
Contributor
Contributor

Update Number....eh I've lost count now....

But for those living in T&T banks seem to be stopping transfers from paypal to visa cards countrywide...

And they are simply not telling customers anything.

For those of you that have accounts with JMMB that are still enjoying this facility, my advice is make other arrangements and quick, cause its gonna hit you guys too...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.