Unable to withdraw money to bank account from a non-limited, verified account

bluestemos
Contributor
Contributor

So since I’ve been waiting for PayPal’s customer service to reply to my mail for about a week now, I’ll just ask this here in case anyone knows the issue.

So after I received a bit of money about a week ago PP decided to limit my account for the second time. Oddly enough the ”View Limits” page showed that I should still be able to receive and withdraw money, just green checkmarks everywhere. I just wasn’t able to close the account. Regardless I couldn’t withdraw any money no matter what the page said. After I provided all the needed documents, I received an email from PayPal saying my account has been restored. Brilliant!

But  I still can’t withdraw any money.

There is absolutely nothing on my dashboard that would indicate my account is still limited. Nothing in the resolution center either. My bank account details match my PP account details. My account is verified. All I have is an error message that comes up when I try to withdraw money from my account; ”we couldn’t transfer money to the bank account right now.” Ok, why? Is this my fault, or is there something wrong on your end?

This same exact thing happened to me a few weeks back. No signs of my account being limited anywhere, but I still couldn’t withdraw money. When I eventually made lots of failed withdrawal attempts my account basically got fully locked due to ”suspicious activity”. After that was painfully fixed, I got an email saying that my account has been reinstated and THEN I was actually able to withdraw the money. Mind you, when I was trying to get that issue figured out a PP customer service representative also said that this won’t happen again. 

Withdrawal doesn’t work on mobile or desktop. I can still pay and receive money on both platforms though, which seems odd.

So Is my account just broken? Do I have to strategically get my account locked again and go through the same damn hoops as last time so I can get past this issue?

I know posting here is probably a wasted effort since no one from PayPal actually reads this forum.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bluestemos 

I know posting here is probably a wasted effort since no one from PayPal actually reads this forum.

The moderators do read the threads posted and sometimes advise if its a Paypal employee you want, as you appear to have little faith in the community helping you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.