Unable to withdraw funds

sweet_nectar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone!
I have been a super happy user of paypal for years, until Wednesday. I have a business account and tried to withdraw funds to my bank account and get a message that my "account is not capable for withdrawal" from the iphone app, and on the laptop, "Sorry, we weren't able to process your request. Please check your info and try again."

I have been withdrawing funds this way twice a month with no hassles in the past.
I have sent three e-mails and have not received any answer. I have avoided the phone call since I am in Greece and it would be an international call. But now I have to wait till Monday, so I am stuck the whole weekend without my money.
I just wish they would tell me what the issue is so I can fix it.

Any help or insights would be appreciated
Nektaria

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Producer847
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same issue. Was on the phone yesterday to find out why. Was told the hold time was too long so I agreed to review a callback. An hour later I received the call and was told I had to be put on a brief hold. After 50 minutes of being on hold I was finally transferred to an agent. She told me my account was flagged randomly for a security issue, and that I had not done anything wrong. She said I needed to answer 3 security questions about myself and everything will work again. After answering these questions correct she said to try again but it still would not let me transfer my money. She said she needed me to answer 3 new questions and it will work, I did, still no luck. She then proceeded to tell me she didn’t know what to do, and that it’s just a “random security issue” and I wouldn’t be able to use my account for the next 48 hrs. Unbelievable. So now it’s been over 48 hrs and surprise I still do not have access to my money. Why? Idk , PayPal doesn’t know, just a “random security” issue. To go along with this I have received emails over the past couple weeks from customers who could not send me money thru PayPal telling me PayPal had told them there was something wrong on my end. Yet I have done nothing wrong. I have used PayPal since 2006. But the recent issues I’ve been having with them has not only forced me to do business outside of PayPal but has had a negative effect on my business as well. If they don’t make any decent changes soon I will have to move on from this dying platform.
Login to Me Too

Jsb95
Contributor
Contributor
That all just sounded all wayyyy to fishy!!!!...I'm no tech expert but it sounds like someone's trying to get access to your info or your business's info and it's making something go off on their end, regardless when you are in customer service the 3 words I DONT KNOW.....DO NOT FLY WITH PEOPLE!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.