Unable to link my Jamaican bank account to the bank account section of link accounts.

bas_ha
New Community Member

Hello I'm from Jamaica and i just created a personal account I'd like to link my bank account to it but it only has a option for me to link a US bank account I dont have a US bank account what should I do?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor
Withdraw: Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
  • To your US bank account.
  • Via a check.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

may be they are going to mail you a check,probably a bank check drawn from a US bank. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bas_ha

You can't add a local bank account in your country.
You can add a linked card.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LeahLuyando1111
Contributor
Contributor
In jamaica you have some option also to open a u.s. account at certain branches. Maybe that would help.
Login to Me Too

jennellbrown
Contributor
Contributor

No, it won't, at least not for Paypal

Login to Me Too

jennellbrown
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, Paypal doesn't offer good services to Jamaicans. You can not add a jamaica bank account to PayPal and you can not add a US bank account either if you're Jamaican. The only option is through a cheque or sending the money to someone else and asking them to withdraw for you. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jennellbrown 

You can use a U.S bank account in your country as long as its not a virtual / digital bank.

Click on drop down list and select your country in the link.

https://www.paypal.com/ar/webapps/mpp/withdrawal-options

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.