Unable to link joint credit card to my PayPal account

pzingg
Contributor
Contributor

My wife and I each have a credit card with the same account, card number, exp date, etc, but different cardholder names. When I tried to link this card to my PayPal wallet, I was warned that PayPal would have to send a message to the other account holder. Of course my wife doesn't think she has a PayPal account, and could not find any messages from PayPal on her email or phone.

After a few hours, I got an email message that the link would not be made. The email recommended that "you may want to get in touch with the other account holder first". She's right in the next room so I can easily "get in touch" with her, but there are no instructions for how she should approve my use of the card with PayPal.

Anyone else get into this bind?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

pzingg
Contributor
Contributor

So, I did some research and found out that yes my wife had a PayPal account and was linking the same card number. I got her to update the contact information (email address and mobile phone), which by the way caused PayPal to send her a text with a 2-factor authentication code. Then I went back to try to link the card again on my account.

Again I got the message that PayPal would message the other account holder, but MY WIFE NEVER GOT A MESSAGE OR EMAIL from PayPal. So I'm going to give up and just let her pay for the service on her account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @pzingg,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.