Unable to link credit card, says already linked?

frankojj
New Community Member

Getting this error when trying to add my card. "We're sorry. This card is already linked to other PayPal accounts. Please try a different card." 

The card may have existed on this account before, but it was removed. Now can't add. This is the only account I have. Has not been compromised. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @frankojj,

Welcome to our Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues adding your card. Normally, when you receive this error, your card is either linked to an older account or possibly a family member's account. I recommend checking with anyone who may have access to your card first to see if they have possibly added it to their account.

If after you ask around your household and your card is not on their account, I'd recommend contacting your card company to request a new card - just to be safe. You don't want your information to be added to someone else's account. As a card can only be on one account at a time, until that card is removed from the old account, you will not be able to add it to this account.

Thanks!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.