Unable to link card

endscene
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using my PayPal account for years now and today I removed my card from PayPal to link to another PayPal account. I received an email confirming that it has been removed from my account, however I was unable to link my card with an error saying it’s already in use. 

So out of frustration I decided to not link it and tried to link it back to my old account and I get the message which says the card has been declined by the issuing bank. Which I thought might be a time out issue with the bank and this has happened before when I tried to confirm my card so I called the bank and they said they don’t see any information on my account that states that I am trying to link my card to PayPal and due to this there is nothing they can do to help me and that it is a PayPal issue. If anyone have had the same issue can you let me know what to do, I don’t see an email address to contact PayPal either on this matter. 

thanks to let me know.. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@endscene 

You are only allowed 2 paypal accounts unless 1 is personal and the other 1 is business, if you do then you risk them all being limited.

If you remove a card its best to wait at least 72 hours before trying to add it to any other paypal accounts to allow paypals systems to play catch up. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@endscene 

You are only allowed 2 paypal accounts unless 1 is personal and the other 1 is business, if you do then you risk them all being limited.

If you remove a card its best to wait at least 72 hours before trying to add it to any other paypal accounts to allow paypals systems to play catch up. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

doctorcoconut11
Contributor
Contributor

Me too there's an error where my card is declined and contacted my bank about it there's nothing seems to be the problem with the bank and they cannot see any information that I'm linking it to Paypal. I think its PayPal's issue, how did you fix yours? because I need to confirm mine to lift the account's limit access

Login to Me Too

lizw811
Same did you get yours linked
Login to Me Too

dimavol
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I have a next problem:

I had Pay Pal account and closed it. I didn't remove credit card from the account before closing. Now I opened a new account and wanted use the same credit card, but I received a message that the card in use on other account and I need first remove it from there (but account is closed and I have no access there). I was sure all data of my account will be deleted once I'm closing it... 

So what can I do now to use the same credit card in a new account, instead old one...Or I can't use Pay Pal anymore...never ?

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @dimavol

Thanks for reaching out for support. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble linking your credit card to your new account and can understand the concern. With you mentioning that you've already closed your old account where the card was linked, you should have the option to link the card to a new account. If you've just recently closed the account, it may help to wait at least 48 hours before attempting to link the card again. If you continue to encounter the same error message, I recommend contacting Customer Support through one of our contact channels. If needed, Customer Support can be reached by clicking Contact and then Call Us at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

dimavol
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for answer. 

I will follow your suggestion and  i hope it will work for me 🙂

Thanks again 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.